Carowinds testing mobile ordering

On 7/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, Oldiesmann said:

Interestingly enough the app currently only lets you pre-order pizza, but the burrito restaurant had a door labeled "mobile order pickup" or something similar.

I took this picture early June but forgot to post it, but yes it is a very basic pre-order process and I saw nobody use it...

Screenshot_20190725-123718.png

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I didn’t want to start a new thread because I thought it might lead to confusion, but I want to share something that’s semi-related to this. 

I got a new phone over the weekend, so often apps think they’re opening for the first time. When I opened the KI app, one of the banner ads was, “save time and order online.” I clicked on it and it just had a static screen saying the next pickup time was at 3:45 at Hank’s. I couldn’t click off of the screen, so I had to force close the app. Once I reopened it, all indications were gone. I do not believe that this is an indication that mobile ordering is coming soon. Probably just a place holder. Obviously many other parks have been able to successfully implement it, including within the family, but KI has yet to give it an old college try.  

• Like 2

The one time I tried it at Festhaus it was a disaster.  They never saw my order and I waited fifteen minutes before they finally gave me my order.  

I still think they need to work on the configuration of the soft drink machines at the Festhaus so there is a more efficient flow of guests.  There is always a bottle neck after the cash registers.

It would be nice if they could get mobile ordering implemented and working smoothly at the park.