Holiday World 2020

38 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I don't see KK getting anything new for 2020.

Yeah, probably- they might get a flat ride or a new waterslide at most, but I really don't expect anything too large for Kentucky Kingdom in 2020. But even something small like that is still something. Same for Indiana Beach, not expecting anything huge as I have heard they are kinda struggling.

Not to mention Kings Island pretty much already made 2020 exciting for this region with the 99% confirmed Giga Coaster, Cheetah Chase just makes it even better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

Yeah, probably- they might get a flat ride or a new waterslide at most, but I really don't expect anything too large for Kentucky Kingdom in 2020. But even something small like that is still something. Same for Indiana Beach, not expecting anything huge as I have heard they are kinda struggling too.

Not to mention Kings Island pretty much already made 2020 exciting for this region with the 99% confirmed Giga Coaster, Cheetah Chase just makes it even better.

Is Kentucky Kingdom struggling?  From what I have heard, it is doing very well.

Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

Is Kentucky Kingdom struggling?  From what I have heard, it is doing very well.

I don't think so- oops. I know Indiana Beach hasn't been doing that great lately, but I accidentally added "too" in my post making it seem KK is in the same boat. No, from what I have heard Kentucky Kingdom is doing pretty good recently.

Sorry for the confusion. I edited my older post.

• Like 1

For anyone interested, the Holiday World website has the stats for this new slide:

https://www.holidayworld.com/rides/cheetah-chase/

To be honest I am a bit surprised- compared to Wildebeest and Mammoth, Cheetah Chase is kinda small. Both Cheetah Chase tracks combined are shorter than Wildebeest! Then again I have learned from rides like Raven, Maverick or Mystic Timbers, just because a ride is small does not mean it lacks intensity or fun. Cheetah Chase should be a fun water coaster, given it is from the same manufacturer that made Wildebeest and Mammoth anyway.

The length of each side is similar to Thunder Rapids at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Holiday World's has two sides, so it should get much better capacity.

Seeing as they already have the #1 and #2 longest in the world, breaking length records apparently wasn't a priority with this project. Even a "short" (by Holiday World standards) water coaster is very long for a water slide.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, malem said:

The length of each side is similar to Thunder Rapids at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Holiday World's has two sides, so it should get much better capacity.

Seeing as they already have the #1 and #2 longest in the world, breaking length records apparently wasn't a priority with this project. Even a "short" (by Holiday World standards) water coaster is very long for a water slide.

Yeah that's true. Splashin' Safari's 2 are the only water coasters I have ever been on, so it's possible I just think of them as average sized when in fact they are giants compared to their peers. I knew they were the 2 longest in the world, but if Cheetah Chase is what your average-sized and length water coaster looks like, then HOLY CRUD WILDEBEEST IS HUGE. And Mammoth is even huger. :P

• 4 months later...

Same. I always thought its placement mean they wanted to expand the waterpark to both sides of voyage.. but I think Pilgrim's Plunge may have hurt that plan; and then it was clear with the addition of Thunderbird that there must have been a change in future expansion ideas. (This all just assumptions btw)

8 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

I always thought that their placement, so far away from the main water park, was a bit puzzling.  I wonder if they removed them with intentions to install them somewhere else in the water park down the road, or if they are gone for good.

I was wondering that too. Not surprised to see them move them at least as it seemed liek there were never many people over there. Kind of get ignored off on their own and not really noticed while in the waterpark. Plus the location would be prime for a Thanksgiving expansion or something else in that spot. Possibly if they put in a big water coaster or something else that utilized Pilgrim's Plunge and went around the Mayflower to utilize that space too. Otherwise could be used for a small flat ride expansion area.

• Like 1