2020 Gold Pass

jensenracing77

20 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

Is there a set time when the 2020 Gold Passes will be available? I tried to search it but can't find anything. I am new here and been going to Kings Island since 1982. Never had a season pass or Gold pass before. This will be the first time and plan to go 5 times next year and likely more. 

They will likely start selling the 2020 season passes when they make their 2020 announcement. This will likely be before the end of August.

8 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

OK, Thanks. Are they usually the same price or close to it each year? I think I was told they were $90 last year starting out? Also, what kind of food and drink discounts come with the Gold Pass? I assume it is still high priced with the discount? 

I think the Gold Pass is around $90/$100 when it first goes on sale. You also get a 10% discount when you buy food and merchandise at the park.

1 hour ago, jensenracing77 said:

OK, Thanks. Are they usually the same price or close to it each year? I think I was told they were $90 last year starting out? Also, what kind of food and drink discounts come with the Gold Pass? I assume it is still high priced with the discount? 

You can also add all season dining (2 meals a day) for about $100 per pass, and all season drink refills for about $30 per pass.

14 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

You can also add all season dining (2 meals a day) for about $100 per pass, and all season drink refills for about $30 per pass.

We don't eat very much at the park. We usually go out to the car and eat out of the cooler and relax for an hour. Sometimes we will get a little something there. 

We are headed there now. Not been in 2 years

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Oh awesome man. Have you ever ridden Mystic Timbers?

EDIT: Yeah I guess you probably have..It's been two years already lol.

Hey, now.  Just because Mystic Timbers was there doesn't mean he rode it. :P

But in all seriousness, have fun!!!

1 hour ago, jimlaheyscar said:

I think I saw the 2019 pass would allow you entry for the rest of 2018 if you bought in the fall.  Any idea if the platinum would be accepted at other CF parks for the last few months of the year as well (or just KI)?

Last year, buying a platinum in the fall would give you 1 free visit to a non KI CF park. We did platinum passes for 2019, and used our free visit at CP in the fall of 2018.

18 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

I think I saw the 2019 pass would allow you entry for the rest of 2018 if you bought in the fall.  Any idea if the platinum would be accepted at other CF parks for the last few months of the year as well (or just KI)?

This is exactly why I bought my first platinum pass ever last fall. I wanted to go to Kings Island Haunt and Winterfest and had already made a trip to Cedar Point during the summer. The Kings Island promo was a 2019 gold or platinum pass purchased fall 18 was good the rest of 2018 at Kings Island but not any other park. I think Cedar Points deal was a free fastlane if the pass was bought through that park. Renewing pass holders had other perks but I forgot what they are. I'm hoping Cedar Point offers a fastlane or free tickets for friends with renewal. I have Kings Island season fastlane and plan a Cedar Point Haunt trip in Sept. The renewal offers will determine what park I renew my platinum through.

Guess I'll need to wait and see.  Would be nice to get a 2020 Plat pass at KI during their Halloween event and then use it once at Knotts a couple weeks later.  I suspect this wont be possible, though.  The wayback machine shows last year's deal was KI visits for fall 2018 but not other parks.  Knotts deal was 1 visit in 2018 if you bought your 2019 pass early.