Does the Banshee rattle bother you?

ThrillKingsFitzy

It definitely does lol. I'd say it's most prevalent sitting in the back and at the bottom of drops when you are close to the ground. Diamondback has a similar rattle that IMO has gotten significantly worse recently, most notable on the red train and around the turnaround.

• Like 3

The rattle on Diamondback is sometimes intolerable. It has given me headaches numerous times. On the other hand, Banshee’s rattle that it has developed is just plain uncomfortable. Going through that many inversions, coupled with that type of rattling, is just not a good time sometimes. Really wish the park would do something about this. Worries me that they may let Project X get the same way in the future and not do anything about it. 

Maybe someone more knowledgeable on this topic could chime in, but isn’t the rattle caused by worn-out wheels? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The rattle on Banshee is hit or miss for me. Sometimes, I barely notice it and really enjoy the ride, but other times, it is intolerable. I rode Banshee a few months after it opened and every year since then, and I don’t think it has gotten rougher over the years as it always had somewhat of a rattle. I always wondered, however, if the rattle is caused by the track itself or if it the new B&M trains or wheels. Most other B&M inverts have no rattle, and they have the old design of trains. If someone knows more about this, do you think it is the trains or simply the track?

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, Fye Coasters said:

Please fix the title to "Does Banshees rattle bother you"? not "the Banshee" lol bugs me when people puts "the" in front. 

On topic. The rattle of both rides has never bothered me much.  I did have a horrible ride on The Banshee last season from The rattle. The Diamondback has always given me a good ride though. 

Off topic: To whatever moderator doesn't support freedom of speech, removing my post was not a wise decision. It wasn't Brad, so that leaves it with only two other people.  Also, let fye cry about it. Really, they should have been banned a long time ago for stealing pictures, but you guys are too busy trying to keep everyone happy. I'm clearly not the only member on here who has a problem with them.   :-)

Plagiarism is a crime! <- Take note FYE. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Off topic: To whatever moderator doesn't support freedom of speech, removing my post was not a wise decision. It wasn't Brad, so that leaves it with only two other people.

Even a valid beef with another user doesn't relate to a rattle on Banshee.

Posting media owned by others without attribution is a plague on social media, and you're right to call it out when it happens. I'm glad that you're watermarking most of your photos so that others can't claim them as their own.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

On topic. The rattle of both rides has never bothered me much.  I did have a horrible ride on The Banshee last season from The rattle. The Diamondback has always given me a good ride though. 

Off topic: To whatever moderator doesn't support freedom of speech, removing my post was not a wise decision. It wasn't Brad, so that leaves it with only two other people.  Also, let fye cry about it. Really, they should have been banned a long time ago for stealing pictures, but you guys are too busy trying to keep everyone happy. I'm clearly not the only member on here who has a problem with them.   :-)

Plagiarism is a crime! <- Take note FYE. 

I appreciate your concern. Why don't we talk about this in person like adults?

• Haha 1

Yes it bothers me. :p
I recently got a chance to ride the first ever B&M invert up in Illinois and of course it's a much smaller scale, but even Banshee's slower portions are more than it. Unfortunate, but hopefully it is being looked at, and can eventually be solved for Banshee; it's not enjoyable for me if I have a headache and try to ride. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Yes it bothers me. :p
I recently got a chance to ride the first ever B&M invert up in Illinois and of course it's a much smaller scale, but even Banshee's slower portions are more than it. Unfortunate, but hopefully it is being looked at, and can eventually be solved for Banshee; it's not enjoyable for me if I have a headache and try to ride. 

Whats your thoughts on Banshee roar vs Raptor? I love the sound of Raptor! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am going to say no it doesn't bother me because it would be way worse. Thank you to all the gods its not a Vekoma SLC lol

With Banshee's layout, that would be horrible. Wouldn't look great either.

3 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

I appreciate your concern. Why don't we talk about this in person like adults?

Probably would help if you acted like one and stayed on topic. Please do what you just suggest and buzz off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fye Coasters said:

Whats your thoughts on Banshee roar vs Raptor? I love the sound of Raptor! 

I prefer coasters to not be noisy, personally lol
I used to like the sound of it when I was young and only heard it from videos, until I first went to Cedar Point and couldn't hold a conversation 100yds away from (at the time) Mantis. lol

• Like 2