Does the Banshee rattle bother you?

ThrillKingsFitzy

I find the rattle to be very uncomfortable and annoying at the same time.  It is the newest B&M invert in the country and should not feel the way it does.  I have ridden most of the other B&M inverts in the US and find none of them to be as uncomfortable, not even close.  I don't know if it is a design or maintenance issue but it needs to be addressed.

• Like 5

The rattle doesn't bother me as much as the ride does. I don't dislike it, it just doesn't deserve the hype. I like the muted roar, but I like Raptor's roar better. It is beautiful on the skyline, but it's just not a fun ride for me. But, we each have our own perspective. Others might not love The Beast like I do. I respect that, but vehemently disagree. So all you Banshee fanboys out there, don't be throwing shade at me!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Banshee is my #2 invert after Afterburn. I think the ride is fun and different then any other invert in the states. Its kinda cool to see if different between Banshee and lets say Raptor.
I would have thought Volcano: The Blast Coaster (RIP) or that one on CP's beach (Twister?) would have been your favorite?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I would have thought Volcano: The Blast Coaster (RIP) or that one on CP's beach (Twister?) would have been your favorite?

So I have never been on Volcano. I was supposed to go the year before they tore it down I am mad at myself! Haha na Wicked Twister is fun but a full looping invert B&M is the master!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Banshee is my #2 invert after Afterburn. I think the ride is fun and different then any other invert in the states. Its kinda cool to see if different between Banshee and lets say Raptor.

I do like how Banshee has a more unique layout than the other inverts.  I love how it uses the terrain and drops off the hill after the zero g roll.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, McSalsa said:

I'm not really bothered by the rattle on Banshee. Then again, I can enjoy rides that are considered pretty rough like Vortex and Rougarou, so maybe I am very durable and thus probably not the best person to ask about these sorts of things.:P

^^ Agreed. I am the same way.

• Like 3

I've only noticed it a couple of times and I thought it was because of the train I was on.  I cant remember which color but it seems that I remember thinking it was the same train.  Maybe purple?  Other than that, I have never felt uncomfortable at all on Banshee.  

In any event, I rode Raptor this summer for the first time in 13 years and was surprised at how rough it felt after riding Banshee so often.  Especially entering the final break run.  That thing about realigned my whole skeletal system.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, Fye Coasters said:

"the Banshee" lol bugs me when people puts "the" in front. 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:14 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

It bothers me when people don’t use apostrophes for possessives (or use them for plurals) but I think the “the” in the title is for the rattle, not the ride.

I'll have you both know, my friends favorite ride at King's Island is The Delirium. He like it a lot. We rides it even more then The Adventure Express...

There, now everyone is happy. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I love Banshee but do not like how tight the restraints are. Still rather have that over the Raptor and Rougarou head bang. That said I love Raptor but that final turn into the brake has got rather rough. Maybe I'm crazy but I love Rougarou and I hated Mantis. I don't care for standups. Sometimes Rougarou seems smooth and sometimes not. I try to hold my head to one side if its too jerky, Afterburn I only rode twice and while somehow still being smooth and with the old restraints I just think we have 3 better B&M invert/floorless coasters here at home.

Personally I have found all of the new B&M installations to be rather shaky and rattly. Their track and transitions are smooth, but the trains do not feel solid going through them. I'd take the company's older trains any day of the week as I feel they are built better. 

To each their own though. I just usually opt for the front seat on the new Beemers since I find the least amount of discomfort there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I rode Raptor last night and had an incredible experience. Smooth, easy ride.

I don’t understand how a ride that is 25 years old is so much smoother to ride than Banshee. Maybe it’s because the inversions are tighter and less drawn-out. But Banshee was rattling to an almost unpleasant level last weekend on all three of my laps. There were constant vibrations. Last night, Raptor gave me the best lap that I can ever remember on that ride.

I don’t want to sound whiny, but there was a stark difference between experiences. Hopefully they can get Banshee figured out.

• Like 1

I rode Raptor a month ago and thought it was very smooth.  It does have an abrupt transition from the final helix into the break run that i do not care for but it was great other than that.  Also I just got back from Florida and must say that Kumba and Montu both of which were built in the mid and early 90s are running so smooth and fantansic.  Mako was also great (which is new but runs the older style 4 across hyper trains).  I am wondering if the older train designs are better than the new hyper and invert trains from B&M.  

• Like 2

I've ridden a great many B&M Inverts and I can say that in my experience, Banshee does have a noticeable rattle that doesn't exist on any of the others, and is my second least favorite B&M Invert besides Patriot at WoF.

Banshee is definitely the least smooth of all of them. In fact, the only reason it beats out Patriot (which is far smoother) is because Patriot's layout is unbelievably boring. Shame, too, since it has my number one all time favorite paint job on a roller coaster besides maybe the Joker at SFDK (seeing a coaster with two different colored track rails was so different that I had to love it)

I rode Banshee and DB last night. Banshee only had a rattle at the bottom of the drop, which I've just kind of come to expect at this point, other than that it was actually running really well IMO. Diamondback on the other hand was horrible. That first low point after the turn around gets me everytime but it was god-awful last night. That is worse almost always for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I rode Banshee and DB last night. Banshee only had a rattle at the bottom of the drop, which I've just kind of come to expect at this point, other than that it was actually running really well IMO. Diamondback on the other hand was horrible. That first low point after the turn around gets me everytime but it was god-awful last night. That is worse almost always for me.

We've gone through this sooo many times. That rattle is from Diamondback being a snake... its completely normal. :P

• Like 4

• 8 months later...