Jump to content
ThrillKingsFitzy

Does the Banshee rattle bother you?

Recommended Posts

It definitely does lol. I'd say it's most prevalent sitting in the back and at the bottom of drops when you are close to the ground. Diamondback has a similar rattle that IMO has gotten significantly worse recently, most notable on the red train and around the turnaround.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I've heard the rattle on Banshee while on the ride, I've only heard the rattle on Diamondback from the ground. I've known for some time that B&M's rattle, so it's never been a concern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rattle on Diamondback is sometimes intolerable. It has given me headaches numerous times. On the other hand, Banshee’s rattle that it has developed is just plain uncomfortable. Going through that many inversions, coupled with that type of rattling, is just not a good time sometimes. Really wish the park would do something about this. Worries me that they may let Project X get the same way in the future and not do anything about it. 

 

Maybe someone more knowledgeable on this topic could chime in, but isn’t the rattle caused by worn-out wheels? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me, but my Banshee rides this season have felt smoother than in previous years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banshee was rattling very, very bad last year. I had an awful ride on it April 14 of this year, but every ride on it since this season it’s as smooth as my first ride on it in October 2014.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the one going into that helix with the camera on DB is so weird. It doesn’t give the me a headache or anything, it’s just such an odd place for an inconsistent sudden rattle. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed the rattle on both Diamondback and Banshee but neither one really bothers me much. Personally it does seem to have gotten worse since last season on both coasters, but I still think both of them ride great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess when I talk about a rattle I mean rough patches that are generally close to the ground, anything that is high up in the air is very smooth for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I ever really notice the rattle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please fix the title to "Does Banshees rattle bother you"? not "the Banshee" lol bugs me when people puts "the" in front. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It bothers me when people don’t use apostrophes for possessives (or use them for plurals) but I think the “the” in the title is for the rattle, not the ride. To rearrange a little, it is saying “Does the rattle on Banshee bother you?”

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rattle on Banshee is hit or miss for me. Sometimes, I barely notice it and really enjoy the ride, but other times, it is intolerable. I rode Banshee a few months after it opened and every year since then, and I don’t think it has gotten rougher over the years as it always had somewhat of a rattle. I always wondered, however, if the rattle is caused by the track itself or if it the new B&M trains or wheels. Most other B&M inverts have no rattle, and they have the old design of trains. If someone knows more about this, do you think it is the trains or simply the track?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, Fye Coasters said:

Please fix the title to "Does Banshees rattle bother you"? not "the Banshee" lol bugs me when people puts "the" in front. 

 

On topic. The rattle of both rides has never bothered me much.  I did have a horrible ride on The Banshee last season from The rattle. The Diamondback has always given me a good ride though. 

 

Off topic: To whatever moderator doesn't support freedom of speech, removing my post was not a wise decision. It wasn't Brad, so that leaves it with only two other people.  Also, let fye cry about it. Really, they should have been banned a long time ago for stealing pictures, but you guys are too busy trying to keep everyone happy. I'm clearly not the only member on here who has a problem with them.   :-)

Plagiarism is a crime! <- Take note FYE. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Off topic: To whatever moderator doesn't support freedom of speech, removing my post was not a wise decision. It wasn't Brad, so that leaves it with only two other people.

Even a valid beef with another user doesn't relate to a rattle on Banshee.

Posting media owned by others without attribution is a plague on social media, and you're right to call it out when it happens. I'm glad that you're watermarking most of your photos so that others can't claim them as their own.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

 

On topic. The rattle of both rides has never bothered me much.  I did have a horrible ride on The Banshee last season from The rattle. The Diamondback has always given me a good ride though. 

 

Off topic: To whatever moderator doesn't support freedom of speech, removing my post was not a wise decision. It wasn't Brad, so that leaves it with only two other people.  Also, let fye cry about it. Really, they should have been banned a long time ago for stealing pictures, but you guys are too busy trying to keep everyone happy. I'm clearly not the only member on here who has a problem with them.   :-)

Plagiarism is a crime! <- Take note FYE. 

I appreciate your concern. Why don't we talk about this in person like adults?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt realize Jerry Springer was entering the forum today..

 

Anyways read the title of this thread and YES, Banshee sometimes has rough rides. 80% of the time I love Banshee, she has rough rides with out a doubt. Nothin on Diamondback for me tho. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to say no it doesn't bother me because it would be way worse. Thank you to all the gods its not a Vekoma SLC lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it bothers me. :p
I recently got a chance to ride the first ever B&M invert up in Illinois and of course it's a much smaller scale, but even Banshee's slower portions are more than it. Unfortunate, but hopefully it is being looked at, and can eventually be solved for Banshee; it's not enjoyable for me if I have a headache and try to ride. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Yes it bothers me. :p
I recently got a chance to ride the first ever B&M invert up in Illinois and of course it's a much smaller scale, but even Banshee's slower portions are more than it. Unfortunate, but hopefully it is being looked at, and can eventually be solved for Banshee; it's not enjoyable for me if I have a headache and try to ride. 

Whats your thoughts on Banshee roar vs Raptor? I love the sound of Raptor! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am going to say no it doesn't bother me because it would be way worse. Thank you to all the gods its not a Vekoma SLC lol

With Banshee's layout, that would be horrible. Wouldn't look great either.

3 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

I appreciate your concern. Why don't we talk about this in person like adults?

Probably would help if you acted like one and stayed on topic. Please do what you just suggest and buzz off.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fye Coasters said:

Whats your thoughts on Banshee roar vs Raptor? I love the sound of Raptor! 

I prefer coasters to not be noisy, personally lol
I used to like the sound of it when I was young and only heard it from videos, until I first went to Cedar Point and couldn't hold a conversation 100yds away from (at the time) Mantis. lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally love the roar. I wish KI had something like that! Mostly just brings back good memories of first times going to CP when I was young.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...