Viking Fury not operating

KIfan73

Was open Saturday. I got my kids to yell with me "TASTES GREAT" but couldn't get anyone to understand what I was trying to do. When we got off, the other riders getting on said they remembered and thanked me for bringing back a great memory. If it wasn't so busy I would have gotten back on and on the other sad from those guys. 

16 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

Was open Saturday. I got my kids to yell with me "TASTES GREAT" but couldn't get anyone to understand what I was trying to do. When we got off, the other riders getting on said they remembered and thanked me for bringing back a great memory. If it wasn't so busy I would have gotten back on and on the other sad from those guys. 

I know Im gonna get it for this, but what is the whole "tastes great" thing? Tbh I have no clue.....:(

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

33 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I know Im gonna get it for this, but what is the whole "tastes great" thing? Tbh I have no clue.....:(

When we were there for the announcement., I tried to get it going with "Less Filling" . A couple of people figured it out but there were only 14 people on the boat so it really wouldnt have made much of a difference lol

7 hours ago, jensenracing77 said:

I got my kids to yell with me "TASTES GREAT" but couldn't get anyone to understand what I was trying to do. 

Those were good times! :)

Back then, whoever the person was that originally started that tradition should be proud...it lasted years longer than the ad campaign did!

7 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I second this! I have no idea as well...

The commercial they posted above was the Miller Lite slogan for years in the 80's.  It was a thing back then when most of the ship would yell this pretty much every time you would ride Viking Fury. The people facing one way would start it and yell "Tastes Great!" at the Apex of their swing  and the other side would yell "Less Filling." once they reached theirs.

I was a young kid at the time, and didn't realize it was a beer commercial, but would yell my heart out every time.  Never understood then when I did this why the adults would laugh at my yelling.  

Good times.  

• Like 3

You young pups make me feel old. I am 45 and remember those days like it was yesterday. Had a great time doing that back then. Does the forum have a large meetup at KI any time? Would almost be worth going just to take part in getting it going for a day, lol. Does KI ever do any thing like have a 70's or 80's week? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jensenracing77 said:

You young pups make me feel old. I am 45 and remember those days like it was yesterday. Had a great time doing that back then. Does the forum have a large meetup at KI any time? Would almost be worth going just to take part in getting it going for a day, lol. Does KI ever do any thing like have a 70's or 80's week? 

We have not had an official group Meetup in a while. I will add a VF takeover to the agenda when we do.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I am 38 and remember those days well. My dad was a Miller Lite drinker, so I knew the slogan. We would ride that ride together and always would jump right on in with the slogan yelling. Good times, good ol days. 

I'm 36 and for the life of me dont recall it... I dont doubt it because I know my memory can be a bit spotty, I was never much into the flat rides and was more for coasters... 

On 7/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, jdawg1998 said:

Viking Fury responds very poorly to rain. If it rains enough, the ship will hydroplane on the tires that drive the ride's swing. Not only will the ship not be able to make its full swing while this happens, it can even mess up the tires, which is an even worse off mechanical issue.

It can take an entire 24 hours for the tires to dry up. In my time working at Viking Fury, we sometimes had to close down after cleaning up vomit because the hose we used made the tires too wet. Overall, the ride is just very fragile when it comes to rain. More often than not, it will close down when it rains.

So weird being you see this type of ride at carnivals and fairs operating in the rain when they shut down most other carnie rides.