07-23-19 one day trip

jensenracing77

We were at Kings Island yesterday from opening to nearly closing. Had a great time over all. The weather was perfect and caused some extra crowds but still nice. 

Banshee was the first ride of the day and is such a wonderful coaster! We were on the front seat both time and on the purple train both times. I felt it was a little rougher that 2 years ago but still really nice. Later in the day we were on it again in the front and the back on another train and it was for sure smoother than the front of the purple train.  Delirium was next and is my all time favorite non roller coaster ride. More on this ride later. Next was The Racer, Only the red Racer was running in the morning. That is getting rougher and rougher every time I ride it. I think that was the last time I will ever get on it. I would ride The Beast 100 time and not hurt as bad as The Racer. I would like to ride the Blue Racer again someday and see how that side is. 

Diamondback was amazing as always. 

Mystic Timbers is a really nice ride but the rider turnover is really slow. We were in line for over an hour and the line was not that long. Wanted to ride it again but didn't want to wait that long. I felt as if it was a much better ride than the first year. Not sure if that is in my head or if it has gotten broken in and really rolling better. 

The old cars were terrible! Line was slow. When we got close to the cars I noticed the front steering was rusted really bad on the cars. Then when we got on them it was really hard to steer. My youngest girl got a car of her own and couldn't steer it at all. She just had to let it hit the center rail back and forth till she got to the end. They are going to have to rework these cars steering. 

Went to the Gravity show and was a really nice show and really nice to get off our feet for a while. My kids really loved the show. 

Near the end of the day we were on Delirium again and the line was long. They had 3 people in "supervisor" shirts and 3 other people there. They were all talking and carrying on with each other and the riders appeared to just be in their way of having a good time. They would not start counting and staging people till the rid was almost over and then had to wait even longer in line. This went on the entire time I was there. The ride operator was not at all paying attention. Even when we got off, the girl on exit side had to yell at the operator several times to get him to open the exit gate.  did not know that was his control? We only waited about 15 seconds for him to open it but still, the other people we already on the ride. He was talking and goofing off. Still such a wonderful ride. 

The Viking Fury was not running and was a bummer. That was my girls first bigger ride and is a family tradition to ride. Two years ago it was only running for a couple hours when we were there. I hope they are going to keep it. 

I was very happy to see the line for The Beast was as long as the line for the Diamondback and longer than Banshee! The Beast will ALWAYS be in my heart as the best roller coaster ever! just makes my day that a 1979 woody is still competing with the modern day Big Boys! 

I am almost sure we will be getting Gold passes as soon as they are released for 2020.