SonofBaconator

Overhauling Adventure Express

I always wished the entrance to Banshee was off of the octoberfest side-not the ...whatave theme side(or at least two entrances that merged) and had the European graveyard theme. Then AA could be part of the “Bavarian mystical  Forrest” area with the tunnels as caves, some other “mystical Forrest” critters and make the two play off each other as a Mystical dark woods mini land that more organically flowed out of octoberfest

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, brent said:

I always wished the entrance to Banshee was off of the octoberfest side-not the ...whatave theme side(or at least two entrances that merged) and had the European graveyard theme. Then AA could be part of the “Bavarian mystical  Forrest” area with the tunnels as caves, some other “mystical Forrest” critters and make the two play off each other as a Mystical dark woods mini land. 

I like that. I think the park needs to hire you for theming. You have some great ideas.

• Like 1

To those who are claiming AE to be "towards the end of its service life" - some food for thought...

Runaway Mine Train (SFOT), Dahlonega Mine Train, and Cedar Creek Mine Ride, the first three mine trains built, are still operating at 53, 52, and 50 years old respectively.

Adventure Express is 28.

• Like 3

For some reason people are like “it’s jerky, therefore it’s bad/breaking down/at the end of its life”. No, it’s a runaway mine coaster, it is meant to feel wild and out of control, and like you might get chucked out. It isn’t and was never meant to be a smoothly transitioning glide through the woods. So other than the effects, which are showing their age (some years more than others), the ride is giving the intended experience, feeling just like it has been since it was installed. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

For some reason people are like “it’s jerky, therefore it’s bad/breaking down/at the end of its life”. No, it’s a runaway mine coaster, it is meant to feel wild and out of control, and like you might get chucked out. It isn’t and was never meant to be a smoothly transitioning glide through the woods. So other than the effects, which are showing their age (some years more than others), the ride is giving the intended experience, feeling just like it has been since it was installed. 

I totally agree with this. I remember riding it on its opening year, and I don't feel the ride experience has really changed.

The ride was inspired by Indiana Jones. Whatever Cedar Fair does with it, I hope they can subtly remind people about Indiana Jones without getting sued. Same for BLSC...it's still The Italian Job...and once we showed our kids the movie, they totally got it. This is what CF paid for---run with it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

For some reason people are like “it’s jerky, therefore it’s bad/breaking down/at the end of its life”. No, it’s a runaway mine coaster, it is meant to feel wild and out of control

11 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I totally agree with this. I remember riding it on its opening year, and I don't feel the ride experience has really changed.

I agree, the ride experience and movements are all part of the design!

Just imagine if the ride was smooth as butter, people would be saying "it's too boring, it needs more speed/forces, take it out and replace it!" SMH... :rolleyes:

On 7/25/2019 at 10:33 PM, super7 said:

Retheme it ti Barvarian Railroad to match Oktoberfest.  

^this

I am actually a sucker for family coasters like AE. Plus, it's one of the few rides in the park that has the potential of being "Disney"-ish to me. I would really love to see it get some TLC to really make this ride more special. Better lighting, maybe props or fog?, etc. 

It has gotten WAY rougher the past few times I've ridden it. It hurts my back way more than The Beast.