Red versus blue

flightoffear1996

Raving coasters are my favorite   But Racing coasters are so rare and ones that actually closely race are even more race  

The racing  aspect at KI is really bad this year.  Until recently my visit last week, red reached the lift hill first.   Reds lift is faster than blue.  Then the new turn around is much faster than the other side.  The trains aren’t interacting much this year. 

I hear Kings Dominion put a computerized lift hill on their Racer to make them actually race this year.  I am looking forwArd to that if true.  Before this year it had the same pre-lift hill, varying chain lift issue as Kings Island.  

Racer 75 is a better version oh Kings Islands anyway as it doesn’t split after the third hill, has an excellent floater hill for the third Jill, has the hill that KI removed and a real tunnel as the finale.  

Going along with Six Flags poor operations, American Eagle did not race last year on purpose   The ops were instructed to stagger the trains   

Lightning Racer at Hershey was designed to race perfectly but sometimes the age of the track affects one side more than the other  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, MaestroJr said:

While we are on this topic, I was just curious, What is everyone’s opinion of Gemini at Cedar Point, red or blue. 

Gemini is a terrible ride. It's got really really rough. So has many of the 40+ year old Arrows. I love Magnum and I say leave that one alone but most other Arrows are not aging so well and yes I know before someone points it out Magnum is only 30.  I love what Arrow did for the industry and they build them as they say "Built Ford Tough" but many of the older ones have seen their better days. 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, MaestroJr said:

While we are on this topic, I was just curious, What is everyone’s opinion of Gemini at Cedar Point, red or blue. 

I love Gemini when it’s dueling, especially since the trains are close enough that you can high five rides on the other train! I like its dueling aspect better than Racer’s.

Yes, the ride is jerky but it’s not the worst. I consider Gemini one of my favorite non-inverting Arrows.