Cedar Fair 2004 Antiques?

SonofBaconator

People often crap on Paramount for removing the Antique Cars in 2004 in favor of a multilaunch Premier coaster- Italian Job Stunt Track which opened the following year; but was it a bad move?

Flash foward to 2019 and we still have this coaster, albiet a dethemed one. Cedar Fair continues to operate Backlot Stunt Coaster at KI, as well as at KD and CW, despite the land it sits on.

Hypothetically, if Paramount kept the original Antique Cars instead of replacing it with a coaster, do you think Cedar Fair would do the same or do you think they would replace it with a coaster just like Paramount did?

Cedar Fair doesn’t seem to be nearly reckless with their installations compared to Paramount. I highly doubt the antique cars would be removed considering how beloved they are (We also would probably still have our original Eagles) Furthermore Kings dominions large antique cars which sits right by I-Street has been removed so money is on them not being removed.

Cedar Fair seems to prioritize the beauty of their parks and the quality of their rides. The tiques did take up a pretty large chunk of land, but I don’t think that CF would want to remove them from that location. It was the perfect spot for them. There are plenty of areas for expansion, and Paramounts placement of IJST didn’t make sense to begin with.