Michigan’s Adventure BeeBop Cruisers closing next week.

Ive never been there, doubtful I ever go, but I just pulled it up on google maps, and the plot of land that thing sits on is bigger than the plot of land for Corkscrew, so they could definitely fit in something worthwhile.  Of course there is a ton of undeveloped land (at least it appears that way on google) that could be utilized, so its a shame they are taking something out for whatever is coming next.  Its a shame that place is so lightly visited, there is a ton of room for improvements, but not the capital return to make it worthwhile.

Based upon the picture, this attraction appears similar to the one that Dollywood has by Lightening Rod.  My 2 youngest kids loved that experience, I think they did it 4 times each, twice with mom while I rode Lightening Rod with the oldest, twice with me while my wife rode Lightening Rod with the oldest.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, medford said:

Ive never been there, doubtful I ever go, but I just pulled it up on google maps, and the plot of land that thing sits on is bigger than the plot of land for Corkscrew, so they could definitely fit in something worthwhile.  Of course there is a ton of undeveloped land (at least it appears that way on google) that could be utilized, so its a shame they are taking something out for whatever is coming next.  Its a shame that place is so lightly visited, there is a ton of room for improvements, but not the capital return to make it worthwhile.

Based upon the picture, this attraction appears similar to the one that Dollywood has by Lightening Rod.  My 2 youngest kids loved that experience, I think they did it 4 times each, twice with mom while I rode Lightening Rod with the oldest, twice with me while my wife rode Lightening Rod with the oldest.

Just a thought but do you think they are in a desperate situation and it costs more to work on undeveloped land so sacrifice this to hopefully bring in something for a little attendance boost?

It is very surprising to see this go as it was the only thing that had a wait when I as there a couple years ago. 

Based upon the amount of land that it takes up I look for this to become a Planet/Camp Snoopy addition.  They can add some smaller flats and potentially a play area.  With Zac's Zoomer (essentially the same thing as Woodstock Express) and the Little Dipper nearby it would be pretty easy to do.  It is a shame they couldn't just relocate Bebop elsewhere in the park.