California’s Great America new waterpark

This looks like the same new attraction lineup that came with Cedar Point Shores with less slides in the kiddie pool. Looks like a great addition to CGA’s little waterpark which really isn’t so little anymore. 

Michigan’s Adventure and Canada’s Wonderland are the only parks left without the Snake Pit slide complex. (Obviously excluding Schlitterbahn.)

7 minutes ago, befat said:

This looks like the same new attraction lineup that came with Cedar Point Shores with less slides in the kiddie pool. Looks like a great addition to CGA’s little waterpark which really isn’t so little anymore. 

Michigan’s Adventure and Canada’s Wonderland are the only parks left without the Snake Pit slide complex. (Obviously excluding Schlitterbahn.)

Canada’s wonderland also has its original waterpark name so I definitely could foresee a similar renovation with a new name.

13 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Canada’s wonderland also has its original waterpark name so I definitely could foresee a similar renovation with a new name.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the waterparks at MIA and CW. 

CW escaped the Boomerang Bay and Soak City rethemes. I think their last slide install was a relocation from a defunct park. I don’t think the waterpark there is a major draw due to the lower summer temperatures in Toronto.

MIA’s waterpark is a big draw for that park but new attractions come few and far between.

Those slides look cool! On the topic of waterpark rethemes/re-naming, I wonder if Dorney Park could be up for consideration; their water park is huge! To be fair, though, they do have a unique name in Wildwater Kingdom (not sure if any other Cedar Fair waterparks carry that name).

52 minutes ago, befat said:

CW escaped the Boomerang Bay and Soak City rethemes. I think their last slide install was a relocation from a defunct park. 

Their most recent install was Muskoka Plunge. Prior to that it was the multi-mini-funnel slide complex (Typhoon) that you are thinking of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Those slides look cool! On the topic of waterpark rethemes/re-naming, I wonder if Dorney Park could be up for consideration; their water park is huge! To be fair, though, they do have a unique name in Wildwater Kingdom (not sure if any other Cedar Fair waterparks carry that name).

Not since Geauga Lake / Wildwater Kindom stand alone waterpark closed.  Michigan's Adventure's waterpark is named Wildwater Adventure though.  Speaking of Geauga Lake, I am kind of surprised that their giant slide complex was never relocated to another park.  It was already relocated once from when Six Flags had the waterpark other side of the lake so maybe it couldn't handle another relocation.

1 hour ago, BloodBlade21 said:

Their most recent install was Muskoka Plunge. Prior to that it was the multi-mini-funnel slide complex (Typhoon) that you are thinking of.

Good call.  I missed that one since I was relying on aerial images and Muskoka Plunge didn't stand out since it's just the 4 slides.  So that just leaves Michigan's Adventure without the drop box slides.  CW appears to have gone with a different manufacturer - Splashtacular.  I believe all of the other drop box / snake pit slide complexes were done by Whitewater.  Valley Fair has a slight variation since they opted out of the tube slides and went with regular body slides instead.

• Like 1