2020 Gold Pass

CedarFairFan787

1 hour ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Are you still able to do the payment plan for passes you buy early for 2020? I have to buy four and was planning on getting Platinum passes this year as well as some other upgrades, so definitely makes it a bit easier.

Yep, I believe in 9 payments

2 hours ago, stumpfcm said:

Has anyone received renewal emails yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have PP and haven't received anything... We unfortunately haven't used our PP to it's full potential due to a few different issues, so we will be switching to Gold next year as we end up visiting KI more than CP... As soon as anyone sees Gold on sale for next year, please post...

And when can Coasterstock tickets be purchased, my son was disappointed after he saw what it was and wants to go next year

I haven't got an email to renew my Platinum pass but since I'm going to Cedar Point for Haunt Sept 13 I may renew through that park depending on the 2019 extras. I'm hoping for a free fastlane. I bought season dining, drink and fastlane plus this season and will do the same for 2020. The new coaster will be my main reason for season fastlane next year. Considering lockers for 2020 but I wish it was good chainwide. I used my pass at Kings Island mostly. Cedar Point twice and going 2 more times for Haunt. Twice at Carowinds. Next year I'm going to Kings Dominion with it and if I can fit it in Canada's Wonderland. I will also buy my second Coasterstock ticket. Will likely skip Coastermania and do Hollywood nights for my first time.

On 8/11/2019 at 3:45 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

I don’t think it is likely they will do the rest-of-2019 promotion this year, probably just one visit in 2019 for new 2020 passes.

I bought 2019 passes in 2018 and the 2019 pass gave me unlimited visits for the rest of 2018. I don't believe this policy has changed.

On 8/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, CedarFairFan787 said:

Hey, I know this might make me sound like less like an enthusiast, but does anyone know when the KI 2020 Gold Pass goes on sale? And if anyone knows, when do they start doing the sale for the 2020 Gold Pass that gets you unlimited visits in 2020, as well as the remainder of 2019?

You will get unlimited visits for the rest of the year when you buy a pass for next year. Details can now be found on the Kings Island website.

14 hours ago, KevM86 said:

Is this the same for the Platinum pass?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I did not even give this any thought until I saw the same question being asked on Kings Island's own twitter page. Then I went to their website where it just says Gold pass and does not mention anything about a Platinum pass. Last year the perks applied to either pass. I may not be renewing my Platinum this weekend after all. I may wait to see what Cedar Point offers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I did not even give this any thought until I saw the same question being asked on Kings Island's own twitter page. Then I went to their website where it just says Gold pass and does not mention anything about a Platinum pass. Last year the perks applied to either pass. I may not be renewing my Platinum this weekend after all. I may wait to see what Cedar Point offers.

For all it’s worth, Canada’s Wonderland is offering the same promotion, and they said that the Platinum Pass will be included.

E635B808-D71A-433D-B39E-46FEC92DDFE9.png

16 hours ago, Tmfuss said:

I bought 2019 passes in 2018 and the 2019 pass gave me unlimited visits for the rest of 2018. I don't believe this policy has changed.

2019 season pass sales were very slow.... at the end of a soft 2018 season. It seemed like every promo they did was like a never ending going out of business sale at a rug gallery with end dates being pushed back time and time again, and perks being added (like one visit for 2018 quickly changed into “awww what the hell, just cmon over now, for haunt.... and winter fest... as much as you like.... just PLEEEEEASE buy passes”. With the “announcement” this week I don’t think they will have to “sweeten the pot” as much. 

I too am hoping that they extend the Platinum benefit for 2019 if you purchase a 2020 Platinum Pass.  My wife and I are planning to hit up Carowinds the first weekend of October, and we currently only have Gold Passes to KI.  Would also enable us to maybe try and visit Michigan`s Adventure next spring.

42 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I feel the pass system is quirky. We only have one drink pass this year and I accidentally scanned the wrong pass and it worked. 

We bought the drink passes 2 years ago for our platinums.  Went to CP before going to KI (think it was the first year they did the disposable cups on the passes).  It was early enough in the season that the workers had no idea what they were doing.  By the end of our weeklong CP visit, one of our passes had something like 5 drink passes activated on it.  We could go get 5 drinks at a time with the one pass.  Was an interesting dilemma.

From Facebook this afternoon:

Canada's Wonderland 2020 Platinum Passholders will receive unlimited free visits to all Cedar Fair parks in 2019 with the exception of Knotts Berry Farm. There you will be entitled to one free visit in 2019.

The Fast Lane Plus Pass is a one time use and can only be used at Canada's Wonderland (it may not be used during Haunt or WinterFest).

Kings Island passes now available

New Passholders: Receive Unlimited Visits and Free Parking for the remainder of the 2019 season including The Great Pumpkin Fest, Halloween Haunt, and WinterFest. Plus, buy between August 15-18, 2019 and receive one free Fast Lane Plus valid through October 27, 2019 (excludes Saturdays and Sunday, September 1, 2019).

Renewing Passholders: Receive one free Fast Lane Plus and one free Bring-A-Friend ticket valid through October 27, 2019 (excludes Saturdays and Sunday September 1, 2019). Renewing Passholders may also purchase up to four additional Bring-A-Friend tickets for just $15 each, valid Sundays only September 22 - October 27, 2019.

Also of note: Cedar Point now has a gold pass.

• Like 1