2020 Gold Pass

CedarFairFan787

36 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

...  And it is honestly a great price ...

$200 platinum pass

$850 FL

$130 dining

x6 people in my family

almost $8,000 after tax.  OOOF.  Even broken down to 12 monthly payments, that's a mortgage payment.  Maybe if they operated more than just seasonally.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

So apparently there is an "All Parks" seasonal FL option now. Was this available for 2019 season, because I don't recall? Considering we plan 5 days at CP this year for first visit and at least 6 days at KI, this would almost save $

Screenshot_20190815-151107_Chrome.jpg

Nope. It was 850 just for Cedar Point. This is a awesome deal for people going to multiple parks!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, VortexJD said:

$200 platinum pass

$850 FL

$130 dining

x6 people in my family

almost $8,000 after tax.  OOOF.  Even broken down to 12 monthly payments, that's a mortgage payment.  Maybe if they operated more than just seasonally.

...you kind of took my statement out of context.  I said its is a great price considering that it is the same price as season Fast Lane for just Cedar Point. 

Yes, it is still expensive.  I was simply stating that if you are planning lots of trips to multiple parks, it is a good deal compared to the price for only Cedar Point season Fast Lane plus this year.

• Like 2

Just now, chad_1138 said:

...you kind of took my statement out of context.  I said its is a great price considering that it is the same price as season Fast Lane for just Cedar Point. 

Yes, it is still expensive.  I was simply stating that if you are planning lots of trips to multiple parks, it is a good deal compared to the price for only Cedar Point season Fast Lane plus this year.

My apologies, you're right.  Considering the CP option from last year and what you get with this it's almost a no brainer to step it up.  I'm just stewing because I'd love to get the FLs for myself, but can't NOT get them for the rest of the fam.  =D

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Where have you been?

Look forward to reading your upcoming posts

Busy and spending much less time online mostly.  Things are starting to get back to normal so hope to pop in more often.   Lots to catch up on around here, but have occasionally done some lurking.  

21 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

I'm still tempted to buy the all season FL+ off Canada's Wonderland page for a discount.  Looks like roughly $125 USD savings.  Should work, right?

I wonder if CF makes you purchase through your home park.  Guess it wouldn’t hurt to try and make sure to let us know the results.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

It takes the season pass barcode on the purchase screen.  Taxed heavily but still ~$125 savings.  I haven't hit the final button yet.  Still not sure I want to spend the money on the season FL but it's tempting.

Same here, biggest worry is something drastic happens and we can't go on vacation. Then have wasted over 2500k. KI only would have to make at least 14 days to even out the cost.

• Like 1

I renewed my passes for KI for the 2020 season.  This season's FLP for renewing is showing up on my app, but not the Bring a friend on Sundays tickets.  Anyone know where I might find these?

It's loaded onto the pass. You go to the ticket window and they scan it and print it out for you. I did it the last few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jensenracing77 said:

So what happens if you loose the gold pas card? Is it registered to your name so that you can get a new one or are you just out of luck?

You can always use your phone to sign in, they charge 20 for a replacement pass.. I reused mine from 2018 and first day this year my little girl lost our passes on Vortex, she had em on a KI necklace.. wanted 40$ even though they was old cards from 18.. Kinda dissapointing

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

You can always use your phone to sign in, they charge 20 for a replacement pass.. I reused mine from 2018 and first day this year my little girl lost our passes on Vortex, she had em on a KI necklace.. wanted 40$ even though they was old cards from 18.. Kinda dissapointing

1 hour ago, jensenracing77 said:

Thanks

OMG KI still does that?   

This year I decided to make my boys responsible for their passes.   Didn’t work out very well and each lost theirs at least 3-4 times.  I swear one of them lost a pass nearly every trip.  

CP did not even attempt to charge me even once, just quickly handed us new passes.  Maybe its just my handsome mug that got us special treatment.  :P

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

OMG KI still does that?   

This year I decided to make my boys responsible for their passes.   Didn’t work out very well and each lost theirs at least 3-4 times.  I swear one of them lost a pass nearly every trip.  

CP did not even attempt to charge me even once, just quickly handed us new passes.  Maybe its just my handsome mug that got us special treatment.  :P

Yeah, even though they were 2018 passes, they said to bad since they done be used as 2019 passes. Even giving them the spill we spent 2500$ on 3 passes, they didn't cut no break :(

I love KI, but that really was like WOW even emailed Kings Island and they said the same... it's just a couple cards that cost a couple cents to make, but..... owell

• Like 1

Yes, putting the pass in your phone/mobile device is definitely a thing! You can register the pass(es) on the Kings Island app. IIRC, it was mentioned to me over the phone when I lost my pass during Winterfest (saw a movie before going to the park and probably left the pass at the theater lol). Also, it automatically updates if/when you renew!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 11:47 PM, brent said:

2019 season pass sales were very slow.... at the end of a soft 2018 season. It seemed like every promo they did was like a never ending going out of business sale at a rug gallery with end dates being pushed back time and time again, and perks being added (like one visit for 2018 quickly changed into “awww what the hell, just cmon over now, for haunt.... and winter fest... as much as you like.... just PLEEEEEASE buy passes”. With the “announcement” this week I don’t think they will have to “sweeten the pot” as much. 

It's on the website. New 2020 passes give you unlimited visits in 2019 as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Speaking of saving your passes to the app or wallet, this weird thing happened back in June at KI.  Anybody else experience this?  I asked at GS and they were dumbfounded as well.   Now I could see this happening at a SIX park but FUN?  The app devs must have been having some fun.

5F9CAB78-2475-4764-85A5-2D05C9880450.jpeg

Why do you have a screen shot of my season pass?

• Haha 4

Speaking of Season Pass Processing, does anyone happen to know the hours? Their website is super vague and says, "Season Pass Processing will be available on days the park is open to the general public. Hours may vary from park hours."

So basically it's no better than saying, "We should be open when the park is open, but we also might not be. You'll just have to come check."

My wife and I went out yesterday evening to get our passes processed.  Processing was already closed.  It was 7 pm and the park was open for another 3 hours.  Not sure how they can post that kind of explanation and expect people to be able to plan.  I know more than likely they'll always be open earlier in the day, but it would be extremely helpful if they'd just post actual hours on their site.

Does anyone know when the best time to go to processing would be? Just don't want to miss it again.

Thanks!

On 8/16/2019 at 4:45 AM, Tmfuss said:

It's on the website. New 2020 passes give you unlimited visits in 2019 as well.

For this weekend only. It will be interesting to see what they go to after this weekend. I didn’t say the NEVER give this perk, only that last season they seemed to “sweeten the offer” by the week to try to move the needle for pass sales. 

• Like 1