2020 Gold Pass

CedarFairFan787

On 8/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, Melody said:

It's loaded onto the pass. You go to the ticket window and they scan it and print it out for you. I did it the last few years

What about getting the extras at 15$ each? Will that pop up after labor day weekend for the extra 4@15 for sun only

• Like 1

Complicated question.... I got our 2020 Gold Passes for the first time but did not want to tell the kids till Christmas. We are going tomorrow. I am not sure what happens when we give them the printed papers? Will we be able to get in and then I let my wife and kids go on while I get the actual cards or do they have to be there in person? I told the kids we got free tickets from a guy at work but I have to bring him some kind of card back so that if they see something maybe I can just blow it off like it is for the guy at work. Any advice here or will I have to tell the kids? 

Eric

@jensenracing77 I am guessing you didn’t upload photos of the kids when you bought online?  Regardless I am not really sure how often you can get in on paper tickets without getting “processed”.  Someone else may know that, or better yet just call the park and ask.  They want photos in the system so prevent pass sharing.  

However, how old are your kids?  You could always try the “white lie” that you are getting their photos taken and an ID card to help identify them if they get lost so security can help reunite them.  Probably won’t work if they know what passes are or are past 7yo.  

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

@jensenracing77 I am guessing you didn’t upload photos of the kids when you bought online?  Regardless I am not really sure how often you can get in on paper tickets without getting “processed”.  Someone else may know that, or better yet just call the park and ask.  

However, how old are your kids?  You could always try the “white lie” that you are getting their photos taken and an ID card to help identify them if they get lost so security can help reunite them.  Probably won’t work if they know what passes are or are past 7yo.  

I did submit the pictures. I just printed my papers for the gold pass. I think I understood that I just go to the line to get in and they scan them but not sure where we get the gold passes after we get in and if the kids have to be with me. They are to old to slip much by them

@jensenracing77  That’s good.  The Season Pass processing center is after security but before you enter the park.   Call Guest Services and see if your wife and/or kids must go in and present themselves to pick up the card.   You may get by without the kids and maybe just do a switcharoo with the wife and watch the kids when she goes in. 

Also have the printed passes at the parking lot toll both to get you in the lot.

That is what I was afraid of. I may go to the window by myself first and at least ask the question if something can be done to prevent them from knowing. If not, it is not that big of deal. Tomorrows trip was a sudden thing and not worth buying more tickets just to prevent them from knowing. It is my oldest girls birthday tomorrow so I guess it could become a REALLY expensive birthday gift, lol 

Thanks for all the help and if something else comes to mine please post it

Great news! I had my wife and kids stand back far enough to not hear me. I told the guy what I was hoping to do and that i already submitted the pictures. he said it would be no problem at all. He could see them and that they matched the pictures. and completed the transaction. We got to the gate and I just went in front of my girls to have the lady scanned the cards and the girls didn't suspect a thing. 

• Like 7

Question about the bring a friend tickets included from renewing: do we have to all go in the park together? We will have 3 ticket vouchers from renewing, plan to go in September for haunt, but don't have friends/family that do amusement parks. I thought about still getting the tickets and just giving them to 3 ppl waiting in line to buy, but if we have to be together it wouldn't work.

3 hours ago, PatchesC said:

Question about the bring a friend tickets included from renewing: do we have to all go in the park together? We will have 3 ticket vouchers from renewing, plan to go in September for haunt, but don't have friends/family that do amusement parks. I thought about still getting the tickets and just giving them to 3 ppl waiting in line to buy, but if we have to be together it wouldn't work.

You would have to be present in order to pick them up at the front gate sales windows. After you get the tickets that people whom they are for do not have to go in the park at the same time as you in order to get in :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jensenracing77 said:

Great news! I had my wife and kids stand back far enough to not hear me. I told the guy what I was hoping to do and that i already submitted the pictures. he said it would be no problem at all. He could see them and that they matched the pictures. and completed the transaction. We got to the gate and I just went in front of my girls to have the lady scanned the cards and the girls didn't suspect a thing. 

This makes me so happy! :) So glad you were able to get them without them knowing, pretty impressive! 

• Like 1

Quick couple of questions:

#1 - I'm a 2019 gold pass member (only one trip so far sadly this summer - it's been hectic). If I upgrade to Platinum for the 2020 season, will I still get the "renewal" perks? (Bring a friend & fast pass)

#2 - Is it both the Bring a Friend/Fast Pass that are unusable for Sunday 9/1, or just the Bring a Friend?

Thanks everyone! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chibul said:

Quick couple of questions:

#1 - I'm a 2019 gold pass member (only one trip so far sadly this summer - it's been hectic). If I upgrade to Platinum for the 2020 season, will I still get the "renewal" perks? (Bring a friend & fast pass)

#2 - Is it both the Bring a Friend/Fast Pass that are unusable for Sunday 9/1, or just the Bring a Friend?

Thanks everyone! 

#1 - If you go to KI website right now and click to buy/renew passes, it lists right there you still get the BaF and FP, so sounds like it's still valid.  If it's like last year they'll continue that through the regular season this year.

#2 - Both are only usable on Sundays other than 9/1.

• Like 2

I renewed my Platinum on Aug 16 and I have the free fastlane but the free bring a friend ticket didn't show up anywhere. I even emailed Kings Island and all they did was reply back with what seems like a message a bot would send. You know where it looks like they looked for key words or phrases and did not really read the email. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen. There is even a chance the employee who scanned my card used the free bring a friend for myself instead of using the platinum. The app does say 0 visits for 2019 and it should say 9.

9 hours ago, VortexJD said:

#1 - If you go to KI website right now and click to buy/renew passes, it lists right there you still get the BaF and FP, so sounds like it's still valid.  If it's like last year they'll continue that through the regular season this year.

#2 - Both are only usable on Sundays other than 9/1.

Thank you! Do you know when the deadline is for this offer? I thought it had already expired but apparently not?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 7:53 PM, chibul said:

Thank you! Do you know when the deadline is for this offer? I thought it had already expired but apparently not?

Well they want to give the impression it's going to end VERY SOON to pressure you into purchasing your passes NOW to get the freebies before they expire.  However, the last few years they've done this deal it's been available until at least haunt begins.  It might disappear Labor Day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it continues through September at least.  There's really no way for us to know for sure when it will go away.

• Like 1

I renew every Labor Day weekend and get that deal. I believe it does go thru Haunt. My friend didn't have the money so waited until tax time. So she did it in Feb and still got it but she has received a special email because she hadn't renewed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renewing still gets you the free Fast Lane Plus wristband and bring-a-friend ticket, but that deal for new passes was only valid for the weekend of National Roller Coaster Day.

The prices haven't changed as of yet; they usually stay the same until the end of the fall season. In some seasons, platinum pass add-ons have increased in price during the fall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chibul said:

So just to confirm: I just upgraded my gold passes to platinum for 2020. When I go to KI (going on the 21st), I just stop into guest services to get our new Platinum cards, correct?

@stashua123 can confirm, but just take your renew/upgrade paperwork to season pass processing and they can get your new pass.