Your Favorite Manufacturer

FUN&ONLY!

Your Favorite Manufacturer  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is your favorite rollercoaster manufacturer? This is your honest opinion, and everyone has different opinions. Chose what manufacturer you personally like the best and share your thoughts. I tried to include as many manufacturers as I could, current and out-of-business, to give more variety. I know there are other threads on this topic, but I could not find any in poll format which is why I created this poll.

I voted Intamin!! After Millie, Maverick, top thrill and Hagrids magical creatures, I have to say they’re my favorite company. B&M is great, but they’re so... smooth and free flowing I guess? I’m not up to par with coaster terms haha, but I like coasters that are quick and zip around. I’m still surprised that KI has no intamin coasters.  

• Like 2

It all depends on what mood I am in. Today I was thinking about my ride on Griffin the other week so I am going with B&M. Griffin seems like a coaster that I feel gets looked over a lot. Great drops on the coaster and it’s just so smooth (even by B&M standards) and graceful. Next year we have planned to go to CW to enjoy Yukon Striker

• Like 1

Intamin all the way babyyyyyyy. I get that B&M is more reliable and they are generally people-eaters, but they miss the mark so consistently for me. They're just always big and smooth and nice. Even Fury - I thought it was a lot of fun, very forceful, don't get me wrong, but Millie was built 20 years ago and I rode it again last year and I still would rather ride that. El Toro is my #1. Obviously Kingda Ka and TTD are BEASTS. Their hypers are consistently nuts (with the exception of the Superman clones in DC and upstate NY - those were not their finest), and their blitzes are WILD. Thrilled to see them making a major resurgence here in the states again. Can't believe of all the parks in our chain to get an Intamin giga it wasn't us but KD! And I know people are saying hagrid is proving them unreliable again, but I'm sorry that ride is trying to run 12 trains with seven launches, a quick-switch track reverse launch up a vertical spike and a drop track. That's insane! And don't even get me started on how jealous I am that Busch Gardens is getting a triple launch, quick-switch track, reverse-spike, WITH a top hat into a river ravine. I would have killed for KI to take a risk and build something like that. But I get it! It's a business. I still think it's a strange move to build B&M hypers and gigas in the same park, especially because the GP truly don't get the differences and they just seem like newer upgraded versions of the hypers (last time I was at CW poor Intimidator was sending out empty trains just to get people off the trains that were stacked on the brake runs), but obviously they have plenty of market research to suggest this move makes sense since they've done it twice before. Ah well!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, TombRaiderFTW said:

CCI all day, baby. GCI and The Gravity Group are great, but neither are on CCI's level. Dennis McNulty is extremely underrated in the coaster world.

Schwarzkopf is in an extremely close second.

Of the CCI coasters, I have been on the ones in the Indiana parks.  Holiday World and Indiana Beach.  What are some of their others you recommend, I do not think I have been on any of the others?

• Like 1

Considering how many people from CCI went on to work for GCI and Gravity Group, I always considered them de facto part of the same family anyway. All three without question have been the most integral for traditionally-built wooden coasters over the past several decades.

That having said, by no means would I consider Premier to be the "best" manufacturer, but they've always been one of my favorites. They might not have the BEST coasters out there, but they're very good at making "solid" rides such as the various Sky Rocket Coasters, "Mad Cobra" (FOF) clones, Backlot Trio, Revenge Of the Mummies etc. They're the king of themed coasters IMO... 

Their crowning achievement being the first to utilize LIMs, they've also made some very unique coasters in their history such as Speed - The Ride and The Chiller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I don't know what you are all thinking with B&M as your favorite, but it is your opinion. In my opinion, it is the RMC hype train!

I would have voted for RMC, but they have so much downtime and reliability issues currently. Whereas B&M is almost always ready for people to ride them. 

On 8/14/2019 at 2:58 PM, Phantom Theater said:

I voted Intamin!! After Millie, Maverick, top thrill and Hagrids magical creatures, I have to say they’re my favorite company. B&M is great, but they’re so... smooth and free flowing I guess? I’m not up to par with coaster terms haha, but I like coasters that are quick and zip around. I’m still surprised that KI has no intamin coasters.  

Intamin has made some great rides, but as they are so unreliable, they aren't my favorite manufacter, if they didn't have reliability issues they may be my favorite.

• Like 3