Canada's Wonderland 2020

14 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I agree, the diving attraction is a nice change of pace for Cedar Fair.  The concept art makes it look much higher than it is but the top dive is 25 feet.

The only issue I have is that it's not an enclosed environment like a slide or even a slide complex where you drop in a tube. All it takes is for one person to land the wrong way in smack their back or something worse. At my old pool where I used to lifeguard we had a man pass away after going into cardiac arrest because his body went to shock when he dove into the deep end.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I agree, the diving attraction is a nice change of pace for Cedar Fair.  The concept art makes it look much higher than it is but the top dive is 25 feet.

25 ft is a lot higher when you are standing on top looking to jump. I did a similar jump at Blue Hole in Jamaica and it gets your heart pounding. Not too many people would jump from higher than that I don't think.

That being said, I am surprised they are adding this. It's only a matter of time till someone who thinks they are a bad a.. tries some stupid flip and lands on his neck. I love that they added it and would like one at KI, I just don't know if it'll work in a theme park environment. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, fryoj said:

25 ft is a lot higher when you are standing on top looking to jump. I did a similar jump at Blue Hole in Jamaica and it gets your heart pounding. Not too many people would jump from higher than that I don't think.

That being said, I am surprised they are adding this. It's only a matter of time till someone who thinks they are a bad a.. tries some stupid flip and lands on his neck. I love that they added it and would like one at KI, I just don't know if it'll work in a theme park environment. 

I agree with your concerns, I think it is a nice addition but I can see it end up badly as well if someone doesn't know what they are doing.  Hopefully nothing bad happens.

• Like 2

Nice! I remember doing a high dive at The Beach Waterpark when I was younger (on the opposite side of the rope swing into a pool) and that was crazy! The drop was really far down, but IIRC, the platform wasn’t terribly tall. Speaking of iffy things at The Beach Waterpark, they had these climbing net walkways that you had to use to get to some of the slides... that really scared me as I thought the ropes would break.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

The only issue I have is that it's not an enclosed environment like a slide or even a slide complex where you drop in a tube. All it takes is for one person to land the wrong way in smack their back or something worse. At my old pool where I used to lifeguard we had a man pass away after going into cardiac arrest because his body went to shock when he dove into the deep end.

I think it's a nice addition, but I agree, there is always that one person who will do something to majorly hurt themselves on this...

There is a small waterpark not far from where Iive that has something similar with 3 different dive heights and it seems someone is getting hurt pretty bad every few years

Trying to credit this properly, photo and info courtesy of https://pinelakewaterpark.com/jumps

Screenshot_20190814-214048_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/17/2019 at 9:43 AM, MDMC01 said:

I rode Phantom Flyer... er, I mean Linus Launcher last Sunday and that was interesting... I can only imagine what Time Warp feels like...

To simulate this unique experience, find a metal garbage can, invert it and place it over your upper body... Then invite the local little league team to beat on the outside of the can like a piñata... 

To further add depth to the experience, stand in a line for 45 minutes before you do it...

• Like 6

I've been preaching that they remove Flight Deck and Time Warp so they can replace it with a B&M invert. Kill two painful birds with one smooth stone.

Additionally, I still think the park will RMC either Wild Beast or Minebuster. I've heard some enthusiasts and other individuals say to tear down Wild Beast and the go carts to expand and RMC Minebuster. I don't know, however, how an RMC "L" shaprd layout would look which is why I'd prefer Wild Beast.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I've been preaching that they remove Flight Deck and Time Warp so they can replace it with a B&M invert. Kill two painful birds with one smooth stone.

Additionally, I still think the park will RMC either Wild Beast or Minebuster. I've heard some enthusiasts and other individuals say to tear down Wild Beast and the go carts to expand and RMC Minebuster. I don't know, however, how an RMC "L" shaprd layout would look which is why I'd prefer Wild Beast.

I think it would be fine if they make some interesting turnarounds. The inverted dive turn around maybe in reverse or something... Just gotta keep them fun cause you'll have a lot.

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

It would basically be this vs this

I don't know man I feel like you can do a lot more with those than what was shown. Much bigger air time hills instead of all the bunnies, you can do a high five element or a zero-g stall, maybe an immelman style turn around.

• Like 1

From what I’m seeing, I like the Minebuster RMC POV better.

Also, I’ll be sure to give that trash can thing a try :P

In all seriousness, I’d do it once for the credit. I was more referring to the similarities being the unique riding positions. Also, I think Time Warp would be harrowing for me because of the potential claustrophobia, not to mention the allegedly painful ride experience.

Really makes you shudder to think that for a 13 year stretch, Flight Deck was their marquee coaster...

Does RMC do their own install work when they're in another country or do they contract it out??? Heard a rumour at CW the other day that RMC won't be coming because of Canadian foreign worker laws...