Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Has anyone caught on to this. From the KI website

Capture.PNG

I believe this is referring to the length of the TRACK.  If the first hill had a steeper drop, it would be shorter in track length for the first hill. (just a guess)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mystic1017 said:

I thought that was a little off too

Does this mean the start of the drop until it reaches the first hill? That's my guess? There is no way the ravine drops that low.

EDIT - ** I wonder when we will get the MT cam to move over to Area 72!  Also anyone going to be able to share pics today? I wonder how fast work will ramp up now?**

• Like 3

In regards to records, I would also suggest that Fury is and was more important to Carowinds' success because it gave a reason for people to go there.

While I think there is a good chance that Orion ends up being the best ride at KI, KI was a great park with or without the addition.  That said I'm extremely excited about having it in my home park.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FEARSOMERIDER said:

Underwhelmed.  Too similar to Diamondback.  Not impressed.   Only announcement that sparked my interest last light was that Grand Carnival will be retuning.  That most likely is not enough to make us want to purchase Season Passes.

It’s not about the coaster enthusiast, it’s about the GP

• Like 4

Just now, JonahWilliamson said:

So what ever happen to that track that left CSF. Next B&M Colin im getting you magnetic trackers to throw and stick to the track so we know where its at. So when our Dive or Wing comes, Colin start working out now cause you goin front line lolol :lol:

Haha :lol: It’s probably gonna be a while before we get a wing or dive lol

• Like 1

I don't get why people are disappointed now, It's a pov, you don't feel anything and its also just a simulation. Fury's simulation looked slower than the actual coaster, and on the Fury pov the airtime doesn't look as strong as it is in real life to me.

• Like 5

I'm almost convinced the 2nd hill and the lead in to the turnaround might have some floater during them.. hmm... lol
Can't wait to ride it; it's really quite weird just HOW accurate of predictions people were able to get with this ride. I was wrong about the name, but I'm glad it ended up Orion over the other prediction. 

• Like 4

Strange to think people still argue over height of the hill.  My favorite is Fury 325 but the second is Superman (Bizarro) from SFNE.  This coaster is 221 feet tall and pack such a punch that makes Millennium Force like a child's play.

Height is not everything. However, it helps to create the force.  The height that matters is the drop height and the angle of the drop.  Actual height of the hill is meaningless.  The CHANGE is G force is what I love the most.  I will ride Apollo's Chariot, Diamondback, Maverick or Magnum over Millennium Force every time. 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, FEARSOMERIDER said:

Underwhelmed.  Too similar to Diamondback.  Not impressed.   Only announcement that sparked my interest last light was that Grand Carnival will be retuning.  That most likely is not enough to make us want to purchase Season Passes.

Thank heavens. We can use fewer overly-entitled passholders at the park. 

58816ECF-F2AB-4016-9117-FE416940A410.jpeg

(Not my creation but spot on)

• Haha 26

10 hours ago, KI Guy said:

Because a term is  "new" (19 years old actually in this case)  doesn't mean it has no meaning. 

You would look at me pretty funny if I called a walkie talkie a  "smartphone" (also a newer word).

As far as the argument goes (and the park and most people won't care), if KI was my park I would not call it a Giga just to try to avoid any perception of dishonesty by the guests.

If you wanna get technical, the term Giga came from Intamin. It is something they came up with to refer to the height of Millennium Force. They did the same thing again with the Strata Coaster term for TTD.  B&M doesn't even use the term Giga Coaster, if memory serves me right.  The coaster community has made it a general term for any coaster that is a height of 300 ft.

• Like 6

Honestly independent of the length, it still looks like an amazing ride. You’re gonna start off free falling for nearly 5 seconds, get thrown sideways twice, go over an airtime hill insanely fast and low to the ground, and go over a really strong floater airtime hill. Then you have what looks like a relatively intense helix (at least at the entrance, the exit looks kind of floaty) and rise up into another sideways airtime hill. This coaster is still going to be elite, even if it’s not the most impressive.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, FEARSOMERIDER said:

I hereby sentence you to a 50 cycle Vortex marathon. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ok. The lift is "only" 287 feet tall... the drop is 300 feet. Millennium Force is 310 feet tall but the drop is... you guessed it, 300 feet. Even Fury 325's drop is only 20 feet taller. And then we're talking a difference of 2 MPH (MF) and 4 MPH (Fury)... this thing is going to fly through it's course and potentially be much more forceful. Be happy you're getting a Giga at your home park and quit complaining.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

The whole "I will not be purchasing season passes" thing again? Even if you don't like Orion, KI is still the same park with the same great rides and entertainment. Do you stop going to a restaurant because you don't like their newest sandwich, especially one you haven't even tried yet? I don't get it. 

• Like 14

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic