Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020

Didn't even realize I said downey, my MacBook doesn't like Dorney, it keeps auto correcting it to downey. 

That being said, are all 7 parks worth going to? or if you think one of those is a wasted out of the way drive, mention it. I like thrill coasters. Love cedar, I enjoy Kings Island. I really want to check out the other fury etc gigas

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FreedomPenguin said:

Didn't even realize I said downey, my MacBook doesn't like Dorney, it keeps auto correcting it to downey. 

That being said, are all 7 parks worth going to? or if you think one of those is a wasted out of the way drive, mention it. I like thrill coasters. Love cedar, I enjoy Kings Island. I really want to check out the other fury etc gigas

If you want to make the drive yes... Michigan's Adventure may be the smallest park with not a lot to do all day long followed by Dorney.  I would do it too if was going on a trip. haha

1 minute ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Do we know if Orion will have that B&M roar? Or will it be like Diamondback and Banshee almost very quiet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet you anything on earth they will do whatever they need to do to keep this guy quiet.  There are a lot of houses back there that already complain about the fireworks. 

• Like 1

So scratch off Michigan, its the furthest off the beaten path from looks of it, I have a friend who lives near dorney by a few hours if had to guess so could have free room board for a day or two. May pass on dorney too.

But the other 3 worth checking out for sure? (Kings Island and cedar I've already experienced)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I bet you anything on earth they will do whatever they need to do to keep this guy quiet.  There are a lot of houses back there that already complain about the fireworks. 

The park was there long before those houses. Those families new the risk when they purchased their house their.  Let this baby roar!

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, standbyme said:

Since the decoding thread is closed, I didn’t know which new Orion thread to put this in...so I guess I’ll just post it here.

I have a question for the decoding experts:

Now that we now know that Project X is called Orion...how many of the clues do you feel were accurate...and how many were “red herrings” like “Ride Sally Ride” to throw us off?

Surprisingly none of it that I can think of.  It, like most teaser campaigns, was so vague that you wouldn't have been lead to the correct theme without it.  

Also, I was thinking... why no mention of the petition to see what's behind the fence?  

Can we take a minute to talk about how awesome it was that they lit up our whole exit path with the blue and white colors of the ride?  How cool is it that they can do that and they bothered to do it.  Very surreal!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I know they'll do whatever they can to appease the homeowners on the other side of the river, but I wish this thing could be heard from all across the park.  Just as a reminder that it's there, no matter where you're at.

1 minute ago, flightoffear1996 said:

The park was there long before those houses. Those families new the risk when they purchased their house their.  Let this baby roar!

I don't disagree.  I'm just stating the facts.  

It's actually a bigger problem than most are lead to believe.  I believe the park's covenant with the locals is that Diamondback would not operate outside of public park hours.  Remember how they had ERT until midnight last year and DB was shut down a few minutes early to make for darn sure it wasn't running after midnight?  That's why.  It's also one of the reasons for the tunnel on the back end of Mystic.  It's a cool feature, but the reason why it is where it is is for sound reduction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don't disagree.  I'm just stating the facts.  

It's actually a bigger problem than most are lead to believe.  I believe the park's covenant with the locals is that Diamondback would not operate outside of public park hours.  Remember how they had ERT until midnight last year and DB was shut down a few minutes early to make for darn sure it wasn't running after midnight?  That's why.  It's also one of the reasons for the tunnel on the back end of Mystic.  It's a cool feature, but the reason why it is where it is is for sound reduction. 

I get what you're saying but I highly doubt the tunnel on mystic is for noise reduction. It's close to the waterpark and far from any houses really. I think that tunnel was just something to spice up the otherwise mediocre turnaround.

2 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

I get what you're saying but I highly doubt the tunnel on mystic is for noise reduction. It's close to the waterpark and far from any houses really. I think that tunnel was just something to spice up the otherwise mediocre turnaround.

It is.  I'm not sure if I fully understand the thought process myself, but I've been told that by people who would know.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

So scratch off Michigan, its the furthest off the beaten path from looks of it, I have a friend who lives near dorney by a few hours if had to guess so could have free room board for a day or two. May pass on dorney too.

But the other 3 worth checking out for sure? (Kings Island and cedar I've already experienced)

If you are trying to get coaster credits I would got to  Mich Advent. If not.....not worth it in my mind. The other parks I would visits 100%. Especially if you get free room and board for Dorney.

• Like 1

@FreedomPenguin I suggest you make a trip planning post as there are many members here that have made similar trips and could offer some good advice. I think you will get more responses and this thread can stay on topic.  

Can also search on the other parks and read some trip reports to get an idea how they compare to CP/KI.

• Like 1

Adam House, with GCI, has stated publically that the tunnel is for noise reduction, and they worked with the neighborhood for input.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I was just thinking about something similar--Italian Job and Delirium are literally the only late Paramount eras addition that are still standing. You have to go back to 1999 to find the next ones (Drop Zone, Face Off). And there was a LOT of money spent between 1999 and 2005 that ended up not paying off. And Delirium is the only one whose ride experience was sustainable. Love them or hate them, Cedar Fair's coaster additions have brought the park up to the modern era (as defined by timelines of other major parks) and will likely be around for a long while.

This.

I am *completely* making this up as I go, but if there is any validity to that, perhaps the height restriction is not uniform across the park? I've heard Kentucky Kingdom has that situation, though it was from enthusiasts and not from anyone official.

Just a thought but could it be the soil composition that would limit height? Live in 55k population town but nothing is taller than the hospital 4th floor due to city pretty much being built on a swamp. Apparently the additional weight/sq ft is a concern.

5 minutes ago, qpDarKqp said:

Do you think they're going to plant some trees around once it's completed? Like a beautification deal? Still can't wait to see this baby at night though! Please have some sick lighting effects! XD 

Maybe it depends if they want an "asteroid impact" theme to carry through the area. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Logic said:

But Diamondback AND Magnum over MF??? Really?? That's just crazy talk. More rides on MF for me!

I do agree with many of what you said. Height does add fear factor although my love for drop rides tell me that I do not fear heights much.  I never say people being wrong about their opinion though. I just do not understand how people say they are disappointed about a coaster they have never been on and not even built yet in this case. :)

Well, my ride totals on DB 7500+ Magnum 2500+ and MF 1200+ tell me that I love all theses coasters even though I joke around calling MF, Millennium Forceless.  I just prefer DB and Magnum over MF every day of the week.  DB #6, Magnum #9, and MF#21 are on my favorite steel coaster list. Steel Vengeance knocked out MF out of my top 20 steel coaster list. 

• Like 3

I just left Kings Island and thought I saw a piece of our track on the ground to the left of the station footers with a crane when I was up on WindSeeker but couldn’t take any pictures. I have already left so if anyone else is still there, keep your eyes open for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic