Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020

2 hours ago, standbyme said:

Since the decoding thread is closed, I didn’t know which new Orion thread to put this in...so I guess I’ll just post it here.

I have a question for the decoding experts:

Now that we now know that Project X is called Orion...how many of the clues do you feel were accurate...and how many were “red herrings” like “Ride Sally Ride” to throw us off?

I dont feel Orion is the entirety of Project X.  Orion and the retheme are pieces, but with them doing the retheme to Area 72, I think it's going to open that whole area to more.  I think this is just phase 1 of Project X.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FlyMartyFly said:

I just left Kings Island and thought I saw a piece of our track on the ground to the left of the station footers with a crane when I was up on WindSeeker but couldn’t take any pictures. I have already left so if anyone else is still there, keep your eyes open for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Do they still have shirts available? I wanted one last night but the line was already to racer with what appeared to be only one register open :( I also hate how they put "the ride" in the logo on the shirt, just looks goofy to me. The ride looks great IMO though.

My brother got me one today, they have Orion shirts and bottles in the emporium or what ever it’s called

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm excited about the coaster and it being here, but I'm still disappointed. It is just lacking anything unique. It's the smallest of all the gigas in each main category. To the people saying "you won't notice the height difference," have you ridden MF and Fury? I promise, you definitely notice those extra feet. Not saying it makes it unenjoyable, but I disagree completely saying you wouldn't notice if it were taller/longer drop.

The biggest miss for me is the vanilla nature of the layout and not utilizing the terrain better. Yes it's a giga and the hills will tower above the woods, but send smaller ejector air hills and banked turns into the trees back by beast! A "terrain" giga could've been something really unique that would've made up for the lack of anything special with the stats. Without it, it just feels like a bit of a relegation to a park with the lowest intensity, but still big, coasters possible

Orion has the SAME drop as MF and it's hills are much taller than MF's hills. Slow your roll there partner. This could easily equal or top MF and that's saying something considering MF is always parked towards the top of Golden Ticket awards.

• Like 6

Just now, Jallie79 said:

Ok, new theme idea. If the park decided to put a 20 foot deep impact crater under the peak of the lift hill, would that make the haters happy?  I mean it would then be 307' right???

Probably not, they would still focus on the fact that it's short, or not as fast... It never ends

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, decyferite said:

Probably not, they would still focus on the fact that it's short, or not as fast... It never ends

I think people are butthurt that CF didn't go for an all out record in every category. People will always b**** no matter what. SMH

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kodistict said:

I don't get why people are hating on this coaster, imo it looks like it could easily out do MF and leviathan. That first wave turn is unique for a giga.

I'm scratching my head as well... I was crusing Carowinds Connection and they are less critical than some on this site of the coaster... 

1 hour ago, presto123 said:

I think people are butthurt that CF didn't go for an all out record in every category. People will always b**** no matter what. SMH

But that's the thing, not everything thats built needs to be a record breaker to be a great ride... MT underwhelmed me when I first saw it, ashamed to say it wasnt until this season I rode it and turned out to be amazing! 

I would much rather see KI implement fantastic rides rather than trying to break records all the time... CF has done a fantastic job with the park and I look forward to seeing more in the future...

• Like 6

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic