Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020

6 hours ago, standbyme said:

Since the decoding thread is closed, I didn’t know which new Orion thread to put this in...so I guess I’ll just post it here.

I have a question for the decoding experts:

Now that we now know that Project X is called Orion...how many of the clues do you feel were accurate...and how many were “red herrings” like “Ride Sally Ride” to throw us off?

Not sure about red herrings, but the Orion name may have been in plain sight! Or I’m seeing things that aren’t there

edit: second pic is the Invertigo teaser poster if anyone couldn’t tell

F8E706A5-F2AA-4755-ABF5-7ABD7954B66F.jpeg

0749AF92-B02F-46C3-8721-FE2436B3D50B.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Let me get this straight. From what I heard, park employees were wearing Polaris shirts right before the announcement. KI went through the trouble to make these shirts just to try and throw people off?:unsure:

Mike and Chad had stickers that said Polaris and they peeled the stickers off their shirts while the teaser video was playing.  The stickers were over top of the Orion logo on their polos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Mike and Chad had stickers that said Polaris and they peeled the stickers off their shirts while the teaser video was playing.  The stickers were over top of the Orion logo on their polos.

I would have done the same thing lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

IndyGuy4KI's personal thoughts. I think they did not want to go higher because they do not want to go above the Eiffel Tower. I could be wrong, but I think that drives it more than not beating CP.

I agree with this whole heartedly! A coaster that’s 10 feet taller than the Eiffel Tower would just look... strange. I think if they go taller, it needs to be in the 400 foot range and go on the far north side of the park. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

IndyGuy4KI's personal thoughts. I think they did not want to go higher because they do not want to go above the Eiffel Tower. I could be wrong, but I think that drives it more than not beating CP.

4 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

@IndyGuy4KI I think these are your pictures but I felt like they should be shared!!! Pretty cool

4E967F7E-23CA-4C1B-A739-9F9CCDA5D9D0.jpeg

Maybe, but the first picture they've shown of both Orion and ET together is at an angle that favors Orion. I still think it's just matter of they wanted a giga because we wanted a giga but the price of steel was too high to make it something ridiculous.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, bacontwins31 said:

I don’t see a roar coming, most new B&M’s don’t have a loud one if one at all, but I would love to see it. 

Yeah I don't see any chance of it being louder than necessary.  Rougarou at Cedar Point is super loud...and it only hits 60 mph.  91 mph would likely be ridiculously loud, and there are houses half a mile away. 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:47 AM, Phantom Theater said:

I thought the same thing, but getting on other social platforms this morning, I’ve seen a whole lot of the GP saying they’re confused on why it’s not Beast Unleashed or why it looks like a blue Diamondback. I am totally pumped for the ride, and I was excited today see some positive reaction to it today, but I’ve seen so much negativity surrounding it that it’s made me a little upset honestly. 

Yes, surprisingly it seems like the overall GP reaction on media sites is negative at worst and apathetic at best. Sure there are extreme “lives” and “hates” but there’s an awful lot of “seems like a taller Diamond Back” for a new addition. Can’t be the reaction the park was striving for. 

• Like 2

I’m hearing a lot of hypocrisy on this ride, people saying they wish it used the terrain/topography and then saying it isn’t really a giga because it it cheats by using the topography... 

I can’t wait to ride, I think that wave turn is going to surprise people. There is a reason that element is what most of the promos are showing.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

They did not have stickers that said Polaris.  The stickers said Project X on them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Adam House, with GCI, has stated publically that the tunnel is for noise reduction, and they worked with the neighborhood for input.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Okay I didn't know that. Still seems so weird to me given the speed its moving and the location. To me, I feel like other rides would be much worse for them but I could be wrong.

Just now, Reesesp56 said:

Tried searching rhe forum to no avail, any offical informationbregarding the drop angle?

I was looking at the birds eye view and it looks like the drop is steeper than leviathans, but that might be because its just a simulation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

Yeah I don't see any chance of it being louder than necessary.  Rougarou at Cedar Point is super loud...and it only hits 60 mph.  91 mph would likely be ridiculously loud, and there are houses half a mile away. 

Raptor is way louder and it's super annoying (at least, as of last season it was... I'll find out in two weeks...). On the other hand, Rougarou's roar is awesome and fits with the theme (a beast on the bayou). I would love for Orion to have that B&M roar, but I also understand the implications.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I was looking at the birds eye view and it looks like the drop is steeper than leviathans, but that might be because its just a simulation.

Agreed. I'm excited that the drop seems to have a longer "drop" than most hypers/ gigas with a tighter crest and the leveling off at the bottom not taking up the majority of the descent. Not bashing in any way, but MF's drop seems to be 50% leveling off

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Reesesp56 said:

Agreed. I'm excited that the drop seems to have a longer "drop" than most hypers/ gigas with a tighter crest and the leveling off at the bottom not taking up the majority of the descent. Not bashing in any way, but MF's drop seems to be 50% leveling off

I measured the angle of the drop from the simulation and got 82 degrees.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Any update on construction today?

I'm at the park and we are making our way around for coasters early and will be up the tower a little bit later... I'll grab a couple of pictures with my phone, but my closer up shots will have to wait until I get home to upload them from the SD card in my camera

• Thanks 2

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic