Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020

6 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Just curious, let say that truck gets in an accident and the track hits the ground and gets messed up. How much time would it take to get that piece replaced? (Obviously I dont wish this on the driver, just curious.)

Id say maybe 2-3 days? they are pumping out track like crazy

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Ohh Okay I thought it would be much longer, thats cool. Thanks 

It could be lol I am just guessing since they just keep on putting out new track haha I am sure if an issued occurred like that it would be rushed to replace.

• Like 3

When Maverick was built at CP, the ride had a significant portion of track removed and replaced.  A barrel roll was deemed too extreme for the trains and (potential) riders.  Because of that, new track pieces had to be manufactured and shipped to the park (Intamin uses an overseas steel manufacturer I believe.)  It delayed the ride approximately one month.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Shaggy said:

When Maverick was built at CP, the ride had a significant portion of track removed and replaced.  A barrel roll was deemed too extreme for the trains and (potential) riders.  Because of that, new track pieces had to be manufactured and shipped to the park (Intamin uses an overseas steel manufacturer I believe.)  It delayed the ride approximately one month.

That is correct. The heartline roll caused too much stress on the trains. The good thing with B&M is they use CSF so they could have the new track section in no time.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

They may of had to redesign that portion of the track which may of added to the time. 

• Like 3

The whole locker thing is entertaining to me. I have my zipper pocket cargo shorts. If it doesn't fit in my zipper pockets, I don't take it to the park. We've done visits just me, my wife and I, and both kids, my wife, and I. We don't carry a bunch of stuff with us at the park. I'm not really sure either what else would need to be carried!! 

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

The whole locker thing is entertaining to me. I have my zipper pocket cargo shorts. If it doesn't fit in my zipper pockets, I don't take it to the park. We've done visits just me, my wife and I, and both kids, my wife, and I. We don't carry a bunch of stuff with us at the park. I'm not really sure either what else would need to be carried!! 

I do the exact same. Why would you want to carry more then what can fit in your pockets?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It drives me crazy how many comments are all over the internet calling Kings Island Kong's Island lol

My phone auto corrects to “Kong’s” despite the fact that I removed it from the dictionary. What’s worse is I had trouble writing this post because it kept autocorrecting to Kings! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I just put my stuff behind some bushes when I rode Firehawk and Banshee, and they never got stolen. I will probably do the same for Orion.

Random abandoned items (especially bags) lying on the ground are viewed by park security (and virtually all law enforcement bodies) as possible security threats. I would highly advise that you NOT do this.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, homestar92 said:

Random abandoned items (especially bags) lying on the ground are viewed by park security (and virtually all law enforcement bodies) as possible security threats. I would highly advise that you NOT do this.

Double Plus on this, there was a bag laying under a bench in the smoking area outside of FoF which I didnt notice at first.  Was approached by security and it was strongly suggested I vacate the smoking area.  Waiting on wife and kids to get off of FoF and watched them do the same with other people.  Did not see the outcome or if they were waiting on the owner to try and retrieve the bag.

• Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic