Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020

20 hours ago, FreedomPenguin said:

But I really hope these same policies dont come to our giga. Just stick the phone in back pocket, sit on it. its not going anywhere. Not sure why people cant grasp that concept. 

Actually phones falling out of back pockets was a big problem last year on Twisted Timbers at KD and helped lead to all the different restrictions.  

I don’t know why CP didn’t just provide free lockers for SV and keep the no phones policy or something else that doesn’t slow things down.  Hopefully they will revisit the procedures in the off season.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Actually phones falling out of back pockets was a big problem last year on Twisted Timbers at KD and helped lead to all the different restrictions.  

I don’t know why CP didn’t just provide free lockers for SV and keep the no phones policy or something else that doesn’t slow things down.  Hopefully they will revisit the procedures in the off season.  

Last year i was waiting in line, and saw an iPhone X fall and smash ground right in front of me, I was in the middle tunnel area waiting.

was like 3 feet away behind the fence.  I believe it. But it’s to blame people not securing their phones in pockets better or trying to hold onto it just like people wearing glasses onto rides and complaining after when they fell off

• Like 2

12 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t understand this because I was at CP in late June and another time in early July. The max time I waited for SteVe was 50 seconds per train. I don’t feel like that is terrible. The ride ops would basically ask you if you put items in the bag or not and then checked the restraints. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

They don't provide free lockers because then they can't charge you for lockers.

I firmly believe that the no-phones policy is designed with safety in mind. I also firmly believe that Cedar Fair realizes there is money to be made off of that policy and considers it a nice bonus, and until they provide free lockers for rides without bins, I won't be convinced otherwise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, homestar92 said:

They don't provide free lockers because then they can't charge you for lockers.

I firmly believe that the no-phones policy is designed with safety in mind. I also firmly believe that Cedar Fair realizes there is money to be made off of that policy and considers it a nice bonus, and until they provide free lockers for rides without bins, I won't be convinced otherwise.

Universal Florida provides free lockers for certain rides

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Do you think there's going to be sand in this coaster or not?

With no major walk ways next to the drop I doubt it. Or at least i hope not. Let Orion ROAR.

So does anyone think we will just be looking at the footers again this weekend or does anyone think we will see something up ie. station metal or maybe a support. not likely but Maybe a piece of station track? 

1 hour ago, Kingshaven said:

Universal Florida provides free lockers for certain rides

Some would argue that's not a great comparison since that's a much larger and higher budget park, however, Holiday World and Kennywood also provide free lockers on the rides where you would need them, so we know that parks larger than KI and CP have done it and we also know that smaller parks have done it. I really wish they would provide free lockers because I think it would reduce the number of people trying to sneak phones onto the ride without being properly secured. Sure, you can just not bring your phone, but let's be realistic: 99.9% of the people in the park over the age of 13 have a phone with them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JonahWilliamson said:

With no major walk ways next to the drop I doubt it. Or at least i hope not. Let Orion ROAR.

So does anyone think we will just be looking at the footers again this weekend or does anyone think we will see something up ie. station metal or maybe a support. not likely but Maybe a piece of station track? 

Anything could happen in a week, but i'm guessing there will be a couple more pieces of track, and maybe some supports.

Edit: Thanks for the update Collin!  Now i'm guessing we will have a decent amount of new track.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Cedar Fair changes their name to 9 Flags LOLLLLLLLL

Breaking traditional industry norms and coming from opposite strategic positions the two entities appear to be aligning themselves for a merger.  Analysts are uncertain about the fruits this endeavor will bear, but are universally intrigued by the likely mutual benefits to the bottom line.  

• Like 2

This is the thread to talk and discuss Orion.  We want to keep the construction thread separate from the general discussion of Orion, so please post construction-related posts in that thread. Please stay on topic. If we need to move a post to another thread please report it and we will move it.

Thanks!

• Like 5

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic