Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Zimmerman concluded by noting, “We believe the continued growth in the advance sales of our 2020 season passes is a direct result of the compelling lineup of new attractions and entertainment offerings we will be delivering next year. Highlighted by the 150th anniversary celebration at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio; the 100th anniversary celebration at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California; and, the new 300-foot-tall giga coaster, Orion, at Kings Island near Cincinnati, Ohio, our slate of 2020 additions offers something new at each and every park next season. The 2020 additions combined with our existing, industry-leading attractions, immersive entertainment and special events ensure that our parks are not only set to deliver compelling growth in 2020, but well into the future,” said Zimmerman.

Wait a minute I thought Orion is 287 feet tall...  If the CEO says it is a 300 foot tall giga, then that is what it is:P  Debate closed...or has it made the debate worse...

I posted this in another thread but is probably better suited here lol...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Is Orion at a lower elevation than the rest of the park? Comparing it to WindSeeker in the renderings, it looks closer to 276’ than 286’.

I don’t think it’s at a lower elevation (Maybe a little bit) but I did notice what you’re talking about. It’s only a 10 ft difference so it will likely appear almost eye level with WindSeeker considering how far away the two rides will be.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Anyone want to discuss theming? We have two news vehicles, a meteorite outside Flight of Fear, an enclosed section of the que. What else do you think there'll be in terms or props, etc? Are there any old Top Gun props that can be recycled?

Maybe something along the lines of Disaster Transport but not indoors. 

• Like 2

I don’t know if this has been mentioned or not here but from the ACE event at Canada’s wonderland it was mentioned that employees from Kings Island reached out to Canada’s Wonderland about the bin system, seems like we might end up seeing it on Orion

“With the success of the bin system, has any other park reached out to you for information?

Kings Island is building that new coaster for next year and you will likely see a similar system on that ride. My counterpart down there has contacted me a few times about it for details. I think it makes sense.”

source - 

https://coastercircuits.com/2019/09/rollercoasters-eh-2019-qa-session-notes/

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ben43065 said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned or not here but from the ACE event at Canada’s wonderland it was mentioned that employees from Kings Island reached out to Canada’s Wonderland about the bin system, seems like we might end up seeing it on Orion

“With the success of the bin system, has any other park reached out to you for information?

Kings Island is building that new coaster for next year and you will likely see a similar system on that ride. My counterpart down there has contacted me a few times about it for details. I think it makes sense.”

source - 

I literally posted this in the other thread the same time you did lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

According to this article, Orion very likely will have that bin system from Yukon Striker!

That is so good to hear! Now I can avoid buying a locker, and I can actually use my phone while in line! I really hope this is true!

• Like 4

When a new coaster gets the introduced, some coasters experience higher ridership while others get lower ridership. Flight of Fear is obviously going to increase in ridership and maybe even The Racer with people wanting to see the coaster from a different perspective. I even think that non coaster rides like WindSeeker will see a boost in ridership.

Coasters like Banshee, DB, The Beast, MT, and some others might see a decline given their locations in the park. The main coaster I'd see a significant decrease in ridership, in my opinion, is Invertigo. For the 2020 season a lot of people will be in the back corner of the park near Coney Mall and in the new Area 72. Additionally with how smooth Orion will be, I think people will opt out of riding Invertigo because of the comparative roughness, low capacity, and its age.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

When a new coaster gets the introduced, some coasters experience higher ridership while others get lower ridership. Flight of Fear is obviously going to increase in ridership and maybe even The Racer with people wanting to see the coaster from a different perspective. I even think that non coaster rides like WindSeeker will see a boost in ridership.

Coasters like Banshee, DB, The Beast, MT, and some others might see a decline given their locations in the park. The main coaster I'd see a significant decrease in ridership, in my opinion, is Invertigo. For the 2020 season a lot of people will be in the back corner of the park near Coney Mall and in the new Area 72. Additionally with how smooth Orion will be, I think people will opt out of riding Invertigo because of the comparative roughness, low capacity, and its age.

Thoughts?

I would not mind it! LOL! Mystic Timbers, The Beast, and Diamondback all of the longest lines in the park due to their proximity to each other. I also am not the biggest fan of Invertigo!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I also am not the biggest fan of Invertigo!

Intertigo is one of those rides that if the park were to announce its removal tomorrow, I wouldn't be upset. Its not that I don't hate the ride but in a park with coasters like Banshee, MT, DB, The Beast, and soon to come Orion, the ride feels like its overstayed its welcome. 

Though it'll be on the other side of the park, I think Orion will heavily contribute to Invertigo's eventual, speculated, removal.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Thoughts?

I agree with you.  I think Invertigo will suffer and I expect it to eventually go away probably sooner rather than later. 

Of all the areas in the park Action Zone needs the most help.  It still has that Paramount throw it in an area and see if it fits vibe to it.  While Banshee helped, the area needs a gradual refresh over the next few years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I agree with you.  I think Invertigo will suffer and I expect it to eventually go away probably sooner rather than later. 

Of all the areas in the park Action Zone needs the most help.  It still has that Paramount throw it in an area and see if it fits vibe to it.  While Banshee helped, the area needs a gradual refresh over the next few years.

I consider Action Zone to be split in two. Half of it got love in 2014 with Banshee, The Bat, a repainted Delirium and Skyflyer, and a new seating area. The other half: Invertigo, Congo Falls, Drop Tower, and Timberwolf didn't get that same type of love and still feels kinda neglected and out of place.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Orion And Area 72 have been announced, do you think there will be any other small upgrades or changes to the park like what they did in 2019 with The Racer retracking, Beast’s trains repaint and footprints, Miami River Brewhouse, and the International Street Makeover? All of these were announced after the initial Antique Cars announcement, and they all came spaced out from one another. It seemed like they were announcing something new every month! Personally, for 2020, I actually could potentially see many new upgrades to the park. This could include more Racer retracking, maybe a new restaurant or additional Area 72 announcements (theming, Flight of Fear enhancements), and International Street Makeover Phase 2 as some people have said that the renovation last year was only Phase 1!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Now that Orion And Area 72 have been announced, do you think there will be any other small upgrades or changes to the park like what they did in 2019 with The Racer retracking, Beast’s trains repaint and footprints, Miami River Brewhouse, and the International Street Makeover? All of these were announced after the initial Antique Cars announcement, and they all came spaced out from one another. It seemed like they were announcing something new every month! Personally, for 2020, I actually could potentially see many new upgrades to the park. This could include more Racer retracking, maybe a new restaurant or additional Area 72 announcements (theming, Flight of Fear enhancements), and International Street Makeover Phase 2 as some people have said that the renovation last year was only Phase 1!

I think that Orion and Area 72 are such big and expensive announcement that that is all we'll be getting this year. Hopefully, they prove me wrong.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe we'll get some small stuff like new concrete/pavers in Area 72 and maybe some theming in Area 72 and maybe some small enhancements to fof. 

Yeah, I would love to see some nice effects on FoF, maybe lasers like how the do it on Winterfest.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic