Cedar Point offering Gold Pass for 2020

The day many have wanted has finally arrived. Cedar Point is now offering a Gold Pass for next year, good for admission at both CP and CP Shores, with free parking and 30 minutes early entry to both parks (compared to 1 hour for Platinum passholders and resort guests). Current price is $99.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/season-passes

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see the net result of this option in both revenue and attendance.

Many people in the area only go to Cedar Point but purchase the platinum pass for the free parking.  These people will now have a less expensive option for 2020.

The gold pass at a lower price point than the platinum may entice new passholders that didn't want to buy a platinum pass just to go to Cedar Point.

From a revenue standpoint, they need to roughly get one new gold passholder for every platinum passholder that downgrades to the cheaper gold pass option or they lose money on this option.  However from an attendance standpoint, every new gold pass sold is a bump in attendance numbers.  Lots of other factors come into play here, but in theory this could turn into less revenue with a bigger attendance number...per cap spending will be telling next year...

Maybe I’m snobby about my platinum pass, but I selfishly don’t like this option at Cedar Point. Crowds will increase, especially at Cedar Point Shores. Passholder nights will be packed. 

That being said, this is a great move for the park. They will sell a ton of gold passes and people will use them.