Copperhead Strike and Carowinds

Rustbucket

I have been absent for a long time from here due to my work situation but I am back now.  I just want to provide a review for Copperhead Strike. 

The train could be better. It reminds me a little of Skyrush restrains but not as rigid. The queue is VERY long. Just like most recent coaster additions, no one can bring bags or leave anything on the station.  There is a sign for Centurion Motor Oil and small homage to Miami Valley Lumber for those coaster junkies like me. :)

First element is a Jojo roll.  This is very slow heartline roll or inline twist. With Hydra at Dorney, Jojo roll is very pleasant.  With Copperhead Strike, this is slightly unpleasant due to restraints.  After the turn around, you enter the shed.  

The shed reminds me somewhat of Mystic Timbers. The launch is like the second Stunt Coaster launch.  It is more gradual than Flight of Fear launch.  Now the loops have considerable amounts of "hang time" do that there are some reverse airtime on just about all of the loops.  Right before the second launch, there is a serious airtime hill with head chopper.  Airtime hills are very strong. It is a cross between ejection and a float air.  The second half of the ride is mostly lateral except for the very last hill that provides good air time.  Then the train enters break run.  "Oh Shucks. We lost them."  

This is a great addition to Carowinds.  When I first saw this POV last year, this felt more like Maverick.  Not even close.  I will say this feels more like Verbolten at BGW than Maverick but that still does not compare.  This is a very unique experience.  Also, I am very happy that "Flying Eagle" is back.  It is located right in front of Copperhead Strike.  Of course, my son and I ride this as much as possible. The operators encourage people to "rip" the cords.  

Another thing that really made me nostalgic is that they started to play Top Gun sound track on Afterburn station. Top Gun/Afterburn is 20 years old!!!!   

• Like 6