Orion orgins

Bansheelover

When most of us think about Orion we think of the three stars that form a belt in our night sky. However the star that forms one of Orion's foot is called Rigel. Rigel is a massive blue supergiant star, that is the brightest in the Orion Constellation, and the seventh brightest star in the night sky. This where I find the name Orion interesting.  The seventh brightest star referring to the seventh giga coaster on planet. Rigel also is seen to the naked eye as a blue or white star.  The new coaster as we all know is blue and white, and the seventh giga in the world.  Someone at Cedar Fair or Kings Island really did some research or really likes constellations.  However if they would have named the coaster Rigel, we would all be saying what kind of name is that?!? The name Orion is really growing on me, and the more I see it it in print the more I like it. With Rigel being the seventh brightest I do not think they were trying to match the brightness of each star to a giga. They just thought it was a cool concept.