Area 72

SonofBaconator

I think it would be cool for at night time if they had LED lights forming the Orion constellation between two of the lift supports.f341dee42d03d445972c77f7e4e75e90.jpg
Another idea would be to have LED lights at night strung from a wire throughout the entire course. To give you the sense that you’re flying through the stars.

Lastly, a permanent impact crater or two off the side of the ride line would be pretty cool.

Lots they could do to theme this up nicely!

• Like 6

Any passengers would in theory need to go through a decontamination area to lessen the risk of transferring germs to the new planet. 

I'm still curious about the rest of the trainee orientation missing pages. 

And the most important: bathrooms, even astronauts use em lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

Any passengers would in theory need to go through a decontamination area to lessen the risk of transferring germs to the new planet. 

I'm still curious about the rest of the trainee orientation missing pages. 

And the most important: bathrooms, even astronauts use em lol

They are set up many time to just go in their suits. I suppose there may be people do that here, lol

• Haha 2

I like the name Area 72 much better than X-base.  It is a nice acknowledgement of the parks' history while still fitting the theme of the area.  

I hope they do look to enhance and expand that area of the park.  While restrooms would be at the top of my list, there is also opportunity to add a restaurant and some flats as well.  A Zamperla Endeavor, a Tilt a Whirl, and a Top Scan could all fit nicely in that area and with the theme.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I like the name Area 72 much better than X-base.  It is a nice acknowledgement of the parks' history while still fitting the theme of the area.  

I hope they do look to enhance and expand that area of the park.  While restrooms would be at the top of my list, there is also opportunity to add a restaurant and some flats as well.  A Zamperla Endeavor, a Tilt a Whirl, and a Top Scan could all fit nicely in that area and with the theme.

I have a feeling there will be 50th anniversary addition being an expanded Area 72, it seems like we are being primed for an additional area to the park and this would fit.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still think Slingshot would be a good fit for the area

Not sure if it'd work well. Going up to 275 ft it would take away from the height perception of Orion though. WindSeeker would already pull a bit of the height perception from angles.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, upstop said:

Maybe some of the rides mentioned in the teasers will return? CF went hunting across Europe for used rides. Do they a have any of them left to place in their parks?

There was this one (a Huss Breakdance 4) that they bought that never did find a home.  All of the rest to my knowledge are spoken for.  CF never did announce if they found anything when they went on the scavenger hunt across Japan though.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

There was this one (a Huss Breakdance 4) that they bought that never did find a home.  All of the rest to my knowledge are spoken for.  CF never did announce if they found anything when they went on the scavenger hunt across Japan though.

Please, please, PLEASE! Put these in Oktoberfest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Didn't KI tweet that Orion was just the beginning of Area 72? 

I couldn't find anything on their Twitter page that said that. Maybe somewhere else? 

I am not sure how they could do it, but I do hope Area 72 is expanded somehow. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

I couldn't find anything on their Twitter page that said that. Maybe somewhere else? 

I made this crude concept prior to finding out Firehawk was being dismantled, the construction of Orion, and the parade structure was built.

XBase concept.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

I feel like that is why the brake run and everything is so high. At least that is what I want to believe is they are planning on putting  a pathway under the hill and brake run to open up that area for an expansion with some flat rides the next few years after the giga. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, upstop said:

I agree. The area behind the brake run is already cleared and could be expanded. I still would like to see some of the storage buildings relocated.

I don't know... Kings Island is already big - arguably too big.  I'd love to see a new section in their future, but I don't think it'll happen.  I think we'd see incremental expansions to current areas.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, upstop said:

Good point. Very true. If the park gets too big, they run the risk of not having the appropriate staffing and resources to cover additional attractions. I guess it’s a dream-wish for me. 

Very true. I think as long as they keep updating what we have, it'll stretch a long way. Next up they should really update Congo/Invertigo area. Hopefully that is lol 

• Like 3