Area 72

SonofBaconator

On 8/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, qpDarKqp said:

Very true. I think as long as they keep updating what we have, it'll stretch a long way. Next up they should really update Congo/Invertigo area. Hopefully that is lol 

Really, a rename of Action Zone would be nice, IMO. 

Edited by sixohdieselrage
Made an oopsie. Meant Action Zone, not XBase.
  • Like 5

The area that is currently X-Base will be known as Area 72 next season.  It would be nice to see a flat ride added to this mini area.  A more logical location would be between Racer and Flight of Fear, right by where they built the new storage building for the Grand Carnivale parade floats.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

The area that is currently X-Base will be known as Area 72 next season.  It would be nice to see a flat ride added to this mini area.  A more logical location would be between Racer and Flight of Fear, right by where they built the new storage building for the Grand Carnivale parade floats.

I edited my comment above. Mistype. Oops. LOL

12 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I edited my comment above. Mistype. Oops. LOL

I feel they'd really need a good name for Action Zone now. I 100% agree with you on changing the name, it's for sure dated. With the change to X-Base being Area 72, something about that feels very Action/Intense rides here type feel. I did like the idea someone had brought up of making it like a lost forest type deal. What would you like to see it themed/named too? =)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

In fact maybe they could turn Action Theater into a planetarium! 

I like this idea. But either way, I think it is time a more permanent attraction comes to that space. As much as the TR:TR building is an eyesore, AT is even bigger one IMO. 

• Like 3

On 9/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, King Ding Dong said:

Coke Freestyle would be an excellent theme.  

Something Kentucky related might be a wise choice.  No idea what as I do t know much about Kentucky other than horse racing, whiskey and fried chicken.  Forgive me but I am sure there is more to it than that.  :D

You forgot Bluegrass   lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, Ben43065 said:

Is there really room though with those buildings currently there?

If that is the section of the park I am thinking of, I believe that they still have a lot of land back there. Kings Island is about 50%-60% developed as far as land goes. At least according to my sources, aka a couple coworkers who worked at Kings Island as recently as this year. 

• Like 2

I was thinking. What if (it doesn't have to be in 2020) they move the maintenance/storage area to the back behind Orion where that one building that was built this year is and they turn that area where the current buildings  are into an Area 72 interactive area. Think of Forbidden Frontier, but with an Area 51/space/military theme. They could even keep the current buildings and paint them and put activities and stuff in them. Maybe even have an escape room. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I was thinking. What if (it doesn't have to be in 2020) they move the maintenance/storage area to the back behind Orion where that one building that was built this year is and they turn that area where the current buildings  are into an Area 72 interactive area. Think of Forbidden Frontier, but with an Area 51/space/military theme. They could even keep the current buildings and paint them and put activities and stuff in them. Maybe even have an escape room. 

I think it'd be cool that even if they keep the existing buildings and don't use them for anything guest-related that they give them a paint job/exterior theming to match the whole "space filght" theme of the area. Sort of "hide them in plain sight" as hangars/experimental facilities with easy and cheap signage-type stuff*.

*I also think they should do this with slaughter house: give it a quick "aged" paintjob on the outside and put a "Losantiville meat and Poultry" sign on it that can be reversed to "Slaughterhouse" when Haunt rolls around. Nothing fancy, in my mind it's be similar to the exterior of Mystic Timbers' lumber company shed.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, PatchesC said:

Not sure if it'd work well. Going up to 275 ft it would take away from the height perception of Orion though. WindSeeker would already pull a bit of the height perception from angles.

It could work well , seeing as it could be themed to testing jets or other craft, preferably the Lockheed Martin SR-72 UAV (works with the '72) which is a hypersonic aircraft. The only downside is that the UAV is unmanned, so any other craft would fit but I don't really know. I also agree that the height would be a disturbance, but I just picked that up because I was focused on the slingshot debate and didn't really have anything else to think about at that time.

Here is the Wikipedia article on the Lockheed Martin SR-72:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_SR-72

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

I thought it would be interesting to look to see how Coney's Tilt-a-Whirl (beside Flight of Fear) and Flying Bobs (right in front of Chaos) would fit in Area 72.  This is from approximately 1,000 ft elevation in Google Earth.  It would give the area two good family flats that would really flesh out the area.

Area 72.jpg

If anything, midway type rides would be really nice on the soon-to-be cleared out Vortex plot. Imagine taking a path down into the glow of classic amusement rides through Vortex's boomerang. I think that'd be pretty sick.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...