Area 72

SonofBaconator

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but I don't think that Area 72 (formerly X-Base, and previously Fort Kinzel, and before that Fort Cooper), is a good place for potential park expansion.

There is one way in and one way out bottleneck that creates a lot of congestion on the busiest days. If somehow it could be expanded to the length of The Racer,  and connected with that second pathway its feasible, but still not ideal. 

If they want to expand, and it's been 20 years so maybe they don't, I would do it in Action Zone by better utilizing the existing space and removing Timberwolf.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still think this would make a good addition as an intermediate/ lower capacity coaster for Area 72- either between FoF and Racer or behind Orion's breakrun.

59a9907e89e5f_chemicalride.thumb.png.d21fe47c59f710cb24a4fe524aafaeac.png

Is this what is going to KD? They are getting a 4-D freespin next year, and this layout is better than the clones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Is this what is going to KD? They are getting a 4-D freespin next year, and this layout is better than the clones.

Nooo, I edited this concept a while ago. Some guy made a basic 3d concept and I gave it a syfy theme.

Here's the backstory I made for it

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, super7 said:

More tree removal from the park.  They took out the berm with the trees.   That really looks like a parking lot. 

They took out the berm, but to expand the pathway (which will alleviate congestion) and to add a food stand (adds more amenities). I think that’s a very good trade-off.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, Benjamin22 said:

Area 51 is a government research station (particularly with aerospace) and project Orion is a simulator for space travel, Orion is just a code name.

On 8/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, SonofBaconator said:

With the coming of Orion, X-Base will be renamed Area 72 in 2020 paying homage to the year KI opened its gates. 

There might be another coaster coming soon with a few restaurants and a huge rocket near Flight of Fear 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think we might see some recycled Top Gun/ Flight Deck props and the return of the runway that used to lead people to Flight of Fear.

With footage showing less trees and the Chaos building providing a backdrop, I think we might see more military-esque theming

I surely hope so! It seems that KI wants Area 72 to be a truly themed land, not just a loose collection of attractions. It would be cool if actors walked around the area to really sell the theme.

• Like 3