Platinum pass question?

pkifreak23

Hello,

We are really wanting to upgrade our gold pass to a platinum pass next year. We are trying to figure out if we buy our Platinum passes now can we get into any park for the rest of this season with them or only the 2020 season. We called customer service and they gave me different answers and I'm not sure which is correct.

I am confused too. I also upgraded from Gold to platinum last night, I called CS at KI, and they told me I cannot get into Cedar Point this year.- Another question, I bought the 2020 platinum pass, 2020 plat meal plan, and 2020 drink pass. - Are those in effect if I am able to go to the park for rest of season? Would be nice to get free food for the visit.

Is this wrong? If so, I am going to Cedar Point. 

@FreedomPenguin The website is pretty clear that a 2020 Platinum pass is good for all parks in 2019.  I suspect miscommunication between you and the associate.  Speak with someone else or even call CP customer service to verify.  No offense meant to KI Guest Services but I have found CP reps a bit more knowledgable.  

As LuvingKI said 2020 meal and drink plans are not good for 2019 and you will have to wait until next season for those.  

I go to CP once every week or two so feel free to ask any questions about it you have.

CP has said a few times a 2020 Plat gets you into all parks except Knott's. Only 1 free entry there in 2019.  They have posted it on Twitter, Facebook, and people have called CP and been told the same. 

This helps me out and something I was trying to figure out yesterday. In fact, from everything I've read, you can claim your pass at any park. Purchase where you want the added perk. Or buy off Canada's Wonderland to save money.

I did this last year... Upgraded from gold.
It's park dependant.
Just go to each parks website and look what their 2019 benefit is for 2020 new platnium pass purchases. (Even though you have gold, your a new platnium holder, so you icky get the new platnium perks, not the renewal platinum perks)

Whatever that parks benefit is for their 2020 platnium pass in 2019 is what you will get when you go to that park.

It is correct that your 2020 platnium dining plan won't work anywhere until 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, LuvingKI said:

We're thinking of Getting the Platinum with the all park fastlane, is it for certain you can buy it from CW and activate at any park and never actually go to CW?

Most likely, but it never hurts to call customer support to confirm. I know you’re able to activate your Platinum pass at another park so I’d assume so. It’s the same price so it shouldn’t Matter.

• Thanks 1

We're thinking of Getting the Platinum with the all park fastlane, is it for certain you can buy it from CW and activate at any park and never actually go to CW?

Has anyone tried this?
I was surprised tu see that the price for a platnium from CW is the same as the other parks, even though I assume it's in Canadian $$.

This would make a $197 CA pass about $150 US.

Does anyone know if this process as a Canadian payment (and thus is a ton cheaper) or if it still proceed as a US payment and it's no change.

If not, why would you buy it from CW if that isn't your home park?

Justin at CPFoodBlog has a recent post about doing this.  He claims to save $400 on his family.  Prudent to check and see if your financial institution has any fees for the currency conversion.  Also if you do the payment plan you need to factor in currency conversion rate fluctuations.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, STLcoasters33 said:

Does anyone know what the standard price for a platinum pass is when the sale isn’t running?

When I bought mine back in May they were $222 I believe.

I just did the math between CW and KI for my Family:

4x Platinum Pass, 4x All Season Dining, 4x Drink Plan, 4x All Park FLP, and 1 FunPix

Buying from CW

Canadian: $5513.34, USD: $4156.29

Buying from KI

USD: $4925.31

Justin at CPFoodBlog has a recent post about doing this.  He claims to save $400 on his family.  Prudent to check and see if your financial institution has any fees for the currency conversion.  Also if you do the payment plan you need to factor in currency conversion rate fluctuations.  

I just read the blog. I'm his example, he referenced 2018 passes that he bought when they were actually in Canada. In that case, I'd understand that the price would be in Canadian.

I'm trying to understand, if someone bought platinum today online (while physically in the USA) will it be in Canadian or US dollars (the mobile version isn't clear to me)

9 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

I just read the blog. I'm his example, he referenced 2018 passes that he bought when they were actually in Canada. In that case, I'd understand that the price would be in Canadian.

I'm trying to understand, if someone bought platinum today online (while physically in the USA) will it be in Canadian or US dollars (the mobile version isn't clear to me)

I'm location spoofing my phone to appear in Toronto and the PP price still shows as $197

Screenshot_20190818-182148_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190818-182210_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Repostwd here (was in wrong topic)

So I bought my new (not renewal) 2020 platinum pass, used it at Kings Island this weekend and am currently at Cedar Point for the next couple of days. Entered Sunday evening and it required an associate to override something.  Ticket agent supposedly investigated and corrected the issue. Entered this morning at CP for early entry and gate agent was having issues. Another manager had to stop by looked into ticket data and said they would look into it.  They took a picture of my pass, wrote something down and forwarded it to "CP Corporate" to investigate. 

I had called before purchasing at both parks to confirm it would work. 

Looks like training has been okay, with the people overriding a computer issue, but be prepared to explain your situation.  Looks like the ticketing system isn't quite ready (or my account is just fubared).

YMMV...

1 hour ago, Maddog said:

So I bought my new (not renewal) 2020 platinum pass, used it at Kings Island this weekend and am currently at Cedar Point for the next couple of days. Entered Sunday evening and it required an associate to override something.  Ticket agent supposedly investigated and corrected the issue. Entered this morning at CP for early entry and gate agent was having issues. Another manager had to stop by looked into ticket data and said they would look into it.  They took a picture of my pass, wrote something down and forwarded it to "CP Corporate" to investigate. 

Looks like training has been okay, with the people overriding a computer issue, but be prepared to explain your situation.  Looks like the ticketing system isn't quite ready (or my account is just fubared).

YMMV...

Just make sure you have record of your purchase. Two seasons ago on KD's opening day, I had issues getting in, GS took my pass and somehow turned my platinum pass into a KD Gold pass. I had no idea until I went to KI opening day and they tell me I only had a gold pass. Luckily I had my receipt with me to prove it was a platinum.

• Thanks 1

YMMV...

I bought a new platnium last fall at Kings Island.
Since I had a Kings Island gold, the first time I used it last fall was at Cedar Point.
Since then, my pass only works for parking at Kings Island once... Then I have to tell guest services and they do something to fix it... It will work one more time after that, but the second visit it won't work for parking, and I have to go back to guest services.

Not a big deal, as I always go with others and we can just use their pass to park. But just another example that there are bugs in the system and the people at guest services can make it better, but haven't been able to fix my issue.

Quick follow-up from my last scan experience at CP. 

So this was the third supervisor to investigate the issue, as once again the gate attendant had a big red X on my picture. After looking over a number of screens, there was an "aha" moment. She took my card, threw it in the trash, and generated a new card on my account and said this will fix the issue...something about an "incorrectly coded barcode".  

I will have to wait and see what happens...fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

On 8/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, FreedomPenguin said:

Thank you all, I Just called CP and they informed me my pass is good there after looking me up, and that I can bring a buddy to their park and get a Fast Lane pass there or Kings Island whichever I choose to use it at. Thanks! (I posted this to help anyone else who has same concern) Not a bad deal. 

Not true. I just got to Cedar Point and can not use my Fast Lane plus. It does not even show up on their computer. I have to use it at. KI.

Also you have to pay attention to the Fast Lane passes becuase there is a fast pass for each park but then a Fast Lane pass for all parks. Unfortunately it looks like you only purchased the park specific one and not the one for all parks. The one for all parks is $850 I believe. 

5 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Thanks for the update.  I figured that might be the case on the fast lanes.  They do appear to be park specific.  I imagine that was frustrating. 

I'm assuming you had no problems actually getting into CP, right?

Correct no problem getting in to Cedar Point.

• Like 1