Did you all see this?

KSBeastFan

Then that would mean any rollercoaster built on top of the stratosphere holds the record as tallest rollercoaster in the world since you'd have to measure the tower height too.

Or, one can say the physical lift hill must go X feet up..

Well, then in THAT case, only Red Force is a huge because the lift hill vertical height will all be below 300ft from the loading station, :)

So then one will say the drop cant count because if the loading station was on top of a mountain, then just went straight out then fell 500ft... that would be considered NO category of height? Lol....ok.

Does anyone see how crazy that sounds?

If a ride dropped 500ft but nobody is allowed to call it a Tera because the ride HEIGHT is 10ft, lol... then it's the worst design ever, etc...

It should be very simple but it seems people want to narrow down what is what to make other rides "sound" better.

A giga should be ANY rollercoaster where ANY ride element has a vertical pinnacle OR drop that exceeds 299.99999999ft!

That means if we took Maverick at CP and put a mega launch on it and shot it up 315ft loop and came out after leaving the tunnel, then guess what... Maverick is now a giga.

The PERCEPTION and feel of 300ft+ is what's required. Not where it happens at.

• Like 4

Just now, Winterfestguy said:

Since anyone (including parks) can contribute to Wikipedia, what is the actual definition then of a “giga”?

58034DD3-7296-4118-A1D1-1C7A03AFD508.png

I’ve always based it off of the hyper definition, either 300 ft tall or 300ft drop. The park seems to agree with this mentality.

• Like 2

LOL! This guy has no idea what he is saying. He would prefer a 300 foot tall rollercoaster with a 287 foot drop. The drop is all I am concerned about tbh... you feel the drop way more than the height.

I put a ride in a certain category based off the ride experience and elements is has. Technically, Goliath at La Ronde is not 200 feet tall nor does it have a 200 foot drop, but it has the elements of a hyper. If it feels like a hyper, I call it a hyper. Orion has giga-like elements, and it will feel like a giga therefore I call it a giga if the 300 foot drop is not enough to already call it one. Giga is a made-up term anyways, so there really is no solid definition of what one is.

• Like 3

Coaster-net has always seemingly been more cynical with KI than most coaster and themepark fansites I have come across. Definitely reaching for a story.  Their facebook article links also tend to be extremely clickbaiting in nature.

• Like 4

I regret even bothering to click the link.

Whomever this guy is is nothing more than an entitled baby who totally missed the mark when it comes to what this business is all about. 

I get that this clown isn’t on their staff but their “editors” clearly read it and published it. It’s going to be hard to respect coaster-net again. I hope to God that the powers that be see this and make for darn sure that no one for that site is invited to media day.

This guy shouldn’t be on the internet. He should be at home playing with crayons.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Said it before and I’ll say it again: if you want to be pedantic and set yourself as the judge of the only “acceptable” definition for a term that is actually defined by how people use it, not any sort of governing body, then fine. It’s not the shortest Giga. It’s the tallest Hyper. 

Now, go find someone who is actually impressed by your “superior knowledge.”

• Like 5

I scratch my head a bit from their line of reasoning, out of their 2 main arguments one of them is severely flawed. They argue that most Coaster enthusiast feel a giga is 300+ ft above but from I’ve been able to tell most enthusiast agree that this is indeed a giga coaster. I get the height of a giga coaster is one of the aspects that makes it was it is but you’re not going to notice a 13’ ft deference. 

• Like 2

I find it strange that the same author received almost universal praise on this very website just six months ago. And now he is being ostracized. Could it be that if it is an opinion you agree with then it is a good article??? However if you don't agree with said opinion then the author is a "BoddaH1994-Entitled baby" or "stashua123 & LuvingKI- Reaching for story" In the end all the article is just a opinion piece. One from the look of it you do not agree with and that is fine. However I applaud someone who will actually put his opinion out there and not hide behind a screen name. If really disagree that much submit your own blog, I saw that you can do that in the disclaimer, If it is good enough they should publish it

image.png

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, veritas said:

I find it strange that the same author received almost universal praise on this very website just six months ago. And now he is being ostracized. Could it be that if it is an opinion you agree with then it is a good article??? However if you don't agree with said opinion then the author is a "BoddaH1994-Entitled baby" or "stashua123 & LuvingKI- Reaching for story" In the end all the article is just a opinion piece. One from the look of it you do not agree with and that is fine. However I applaud someone who will actually put his opinion out there and not hide behind a screen name. If really disagree that much submit your own blog, I saw that you can do that in the disclaimer, If it is good enough they should publish it

image.png

He clearly contradicted himself.

Article 1 - We are in it for the fun. Everyone has a bad attitude.

Article 2 - I’m not bothering to ride this because it’s not a real giga. 

This latest article just shows that this clown is part of the problem that he was talking about.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

He clearly contradicted himself.

Article 1 - We are in it for the fun. Everyone has a bad attitude.

Article 2 - I’m not bothering to ride this because it’s not a real giga. 

This latest article just shows that this clown is part of the problem that he was talking about.

Show me where he said he is not bothering to ride it?? I do believe he is just not going to rush out and buy a plane ticket or drive out on opening day.

Will it make me beat feet across the country to ride it? NO. Then again, Steel Vengeance didn’t make me do that. I will get there when I get there. After all there are plenty of ACTUAL Giga’s that I still need to ride.    
Author

Brad Crowe

14 minutes ago, veritas said:

Show me where he said he is not bothering to ride it?? I do believe he is just not going to rush out and buy a plane ticket or drive out on opening day.

Will it make me beat feet across the country to ride it? NO. Then again, Steel Vengeance didn’t make me do that. I will get there when I get there. After all there are plenty of ACTUAL Giga’s that I still need to ride.    
Author

Brad Crowe

Brad, our opinion is your opinion sucks. 

Obviously we're just stating opinions as you are in your blog. :)

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, veritas said:

image.png

At the end of the day it’s his opinion and kudos to him for writing about it. However, when he responds on Twitter with “Logic and reason cannot be used in a coaster debate. Please come up with something else.” That is all you need to know about the type of person he his. No reason to even argue with someone like that. 

When you have hyper coasters like phantoms revenge that only have a hyper hill and then you have magnum only with a hyper lift it clearly shows amusement parks agree it can be either way. When someone wants to disagree with that logic there is no use but hey kudos to him for writing about what he wants to believe. Also he technically only being “ostracized” on this site which is a Kings Island forum so why would you actually create an account to defend him of course everyone on here would disagree with him. 

• Like 3

Mr. Crowe never said it was a bad ride... Just a bad design choice by the design team. And other than him not thinking this is a true Giga. Is his opinion that much different than many on KIC??? Couldn't they have made it just 13ft taller???

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

Mr. Crowe never said it was a bad ride... Just a bad design choice by the design team. And other than him not thinking this is a true Giga. Is his opinion that much different than many on KIC??? Couldn't they have made it just 13ft taller???

We really don’t know why this giga is the way it is, considering it’s the same price as Fury (If not more) and it’s a 1,000+ ft shorter definitely gives me an impression that the price of steel or something has gone up a decent amount. This giga already was pushing the budget, that 13+ ft isn’t noticeable to anyone but Coaster enthusiast who want to bash a ride because it isn’t the best coaster ever built

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hueney020 said:

At the end of the day it’s his opinion and kudos to him for writing about it. However, when he responds on Twitter with “Logic and reason cannot be used in a coaster debate. Please come up with something else.” That is all you need to know about the type of person he his. No reason to even argue with someone like that. 

When you have hyper coasters like phantoms revenge that only have a hyper hill and then you have magnum only with a hyper lift it clearly shows amusement parks agree it can be either way. When someone wants to disagree with that logic there is no use but hey kudos to him for writing about what he wants to believe. Also he technically only being “ostracized” on this site which is a Kings Island forum so why would you actually create an account to defend him of course everyone on here would disagree with him. 

I actually  joined almost 15 years ago now. I am only defending him in the aspect that 6 months ago he wrote a blog that the vast majority praised. Now that he wrote one that a whole lot of people and especially here disagree with. He is now being turned into a pariah. I could be wrong but I bet most have not even read both articles completely. And as far as twitter goes, that was Coaster-Net.com that responded with “Logic and reason cannot be used in a coaster debate. Please come up with something else.” Not Mr. Crowe

So, let me get this straight.   KI just announced a $30million capitol expenditure... a Monster coaster...  biggest in parks history... exactly what “enthusiasts” have spent years crying for... at a time when NO other park has announced anything remotely on par... and said enthusiasts are complaining about it?

Typical

I may have to take the off season... off.   From the beginning of the “speculation” it’s been an onslaught of negative, cry baby entitled “opinions.”

Frankly, I cant wait to ride it.  I absolutely love KI, and the people overseeing the park are doing a stellar - STELLAR- job of elevating it to be one of the best parks in the world.

All the naysayers should get marked with a crimson “A”... so they’ll all stand out in line... which they’ll no doubt be clamoring to ride come next spring.

• Like 15

Just because members here were singing the authors praises in a previous article, does not mean members can not disagree with them in this article. 

If it rides close to Fury, I could not be happier we are getting this coaster at Kings Island. Does in the grand scheme of things matter what classification the park or manufactured gives it? People are making a big deal out of an adjective.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

We really don’t know why this giga is the way it is, considering it’s the same price as Fury (If not more) and it’s a 1,000+ ft shorter definitely gives me an impression that the price of steel or something has gone up a decent amount. This giga already was pushing the budget, that 13+ ft isn’t noticeable to anyone but Coaster enthusiast who want to bash a ride because it isn’t the best coaster ever built 

Steel costs about twice as much now as when Fury was being constructed. Looking at it that way, it's great we're getting ours before such large coasters become uneconomical for seasonal parks. https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/steel

Using the terrain to the ride's advantage is a win in my book.

56 minutes ago, veritas said:

I actually I joined almost 15 years ago now. I am only defending him in the aspect that 6 months ago he wrote a blog that the vast majority praised. Now that he wrote one that a whole lot of people and especially here disagree with. He is now being turned into a pariah. I could be wrong but I bet most have not even read both articles completely. And as far as twitter goes, that was Coaster-Net.com that responded with “Logic and reason cannot be used in a coaster debate. Please come up with something else.” Not Mr. Crowe

He's entitled to his personal opinion, as wrong as it may be. That said, the author's fixation on contradicting the park on their own classification is deeply embarrassing, and this group's "editorial" staff should have helped him realize that. Publishing drivel like this reflects badly on all enthusiasts, which is why a lot of us are upset about it.

• Like 8