The Bat/Flight Commander exit path

Kingshaven

Walking back from my Bat ride someone asked me what the turnstile/cattle stall/overflow line was for before you go thru the tunnel.  I gave her an answer but don't know if I was right.  Could someone tell me what they were used for so I can tell her the right answer.  (It's not fun getting old and forgetting things lol)

Thanks

• Like 1

That was a portion of the queue line from Son of Beast. It is also still used during Halloween Haunt as the queue for the Wolf Pack maze.

I never was in the park during Son of Beast's time as an actual operating coaster, but it appears from signs of obvious patches in the concrete that the line once wrapped around and went all the way to the Action Zone midway next to the restroom that's over there, but I may be wrong about that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sleepyhollow said:

I seem to recall it was originally part of the line when it first openned as top gun.  Then repurposed as SOB line.

When the ride was new, and was Top Gun, the station was actually 2 floors, and had the turn styles on the lower floor area. You walked through what looked like an aircraft carrier. It was actually a really cool station then. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

When the ride was new, and was Top Gun, the station was actually 2 floors, and had the turn styles on the lower floor area. You walked through what looked like an aircraft carrier. It was actually a really cool station then. 

Yes.  Yes it was.  I really miss that, for some reason.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:55 AM, lifetimecoaster said:

I absolutely loved this station as a kid.  It's one of my earliest memories of KI.