Injury on Copperhead Strike

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/copperhead-strike-at-carowinds-closed-due-to-hand-injury-sunday

She had her hand "stuck in the ride"??

Sounds like a seat restraint issue, but the reports are incredibly vague (accuracy also is in question).

I guess this is better than having her hand strike the ride while in motion....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The restraints for Copperhead Strike is not the most ideal one. I can see how this could happen.  I always have my hands and arms up when they check the restraints and let the attendants bring down the restraints.  It reminds me somewhat of Skyrush system.  This coaster, newer Intamin rides, and RMC trains all could use redesigned restraints.  

2 hours ago, Rustbucket said:

The restraints for Copperhead Strike is not the most ideal one. I can see how this could happen.  I always have my hands and arms up when they check the restraints and let the attendants bring down the restraints.  It reminds me somewhat of Skyrush system.  This coaster, newer Intamin rides, and RMC trains all could use redesigned restraints.  

The Maverick restraints are awesome. I am not sure if you mean to say those need to be replaced?

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

The Maverick restraints are awesome. I am not sure if you mean to say those need to be replaced?

The original Maverick restraints were not very comfortable. Skyrush or Green Lantern (SFMM), which are even newer design, are somewhat painful.  Most I can ride Skyrush is about 5 in a row.  Too bad since I love Skyrush.  

14 hours ago, Rustbucket said:

The original Maverick restraints were not very comfortable. Skyrush or Green Lantern (SFMM), which are even newer design, are somewhat painful.  Most I can ride Skyrush is about 5 in a row.  Too bad since I love Skyrush.  

The new Maverick restraints are some of the best I have ever seen for any coaster. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

The new Maverick restraints are some of the best I have ever seen for any coaster. 

That is the reason for Maverick making a big leap on my coaster ranking.  I love that coaster.  Only if they bring back the original light show inside of the tunnel......

I never saw the original show, but the new one is good. It is nice to have the theming working. I am at the point right now.

39 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

That's my guess as well. I wonder if this was while the train was stopped  or while riding.

Things that make you go humm!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rustbucket said:

I cannot go this weekend but will check out what was done to the train next week.  I will also try to find out what happened.  I can bribe operators.  :rolleyes:

Candy works great for that.  A King Sized Peanut Butter Cup gets me in the Fast Lane every time.  

/jk

A user on Twitter posted an image of the modified seat back.

4 hours ago, Rustbucket said:

I will also try to find out what happened.  I can bribe operators.  :rolleyes:

I know you're joking, but for the record, parks don't allow employees to comment on incidents, especially those that could be legal matters. That would be a job for the professional ride inspectors.