Cedar Point Visit Help

So we are packing up for a weekend at Cedar Point soon.  Half of us going have Platinum Passes, the other half will be buying tickets with our hotel stay.  Here is the question that I hope someone can help with. 1) Their website offers a package with a FL+, Drink Package, Meal Package For The Day, and Fun Pix For the day for about $10 more than the current daily price on the FL+.   Considering buying a couple to help with lines and meals for those that don't have season passes.  Anyone know if they are different bands for the meals vs FL+?  One person that would need the meal plan wouldn't be using the FL+, but one kid who would use the FL+ doesn't need to meal.  I realize I am trying to save a few bucks by being "creative" with their packages, just not sure it would work that way.  Question 2) If we renew at CP and take advantage of the free FL+ for our second day there, can we hand a band to one of the riders that isn't a passholder?