Souvenir cups

RivertownRaider

Really dumb question or topic but does anyone have a souvenir cup they absolutely love? I do it's one of the Paramount / Coca-Cola ones from 2009. It us shaped like a styrofoam gas station cup, but really thick sturdy plastic however it doesn't have a strap...however back then my son was small enough to cram into a stroller aka mommy and daddys mobile home base (will post pictures later) pleasetwll me im not the only one with a fave cup.

~RtR

• Like 1

I also hang onto my refill cups...they are fun to look back on. 

souvenier cup halloween haunt 2007.jpg

This Halloween Haunt cup would probably my all time favorite...I just like that it looks like there was some effort put into the design so that not only is it functional, it's a great souvenir. 

refill cup Son Of Beast.jpg

I only show this Son of Beast cup because it's so awful! Whenever I look at it, I wonder how in the world anyone thought this was a good idea...it looks like it belongs in an adult book store.

refill cup Beast 25th.jpg

I loved this time period of cups. The design of the cup was easy to hold, very sturdy...and once again, a nice souvenir...plus it was nice to use at home for everyday use. The park kept this style of cup for at least 3 years...I miss them. I do NOT like the newer "slap a new sticker on the same old cup year after year" design that has been happening lately. I think they look cheap. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, RivertownRaider said:

Really dumb question or topic but does anyone have a souvenir cup they absolutely love? I do it's one of the Paramount / Coca-Cola ones from 2009. It us shaped like a styrofoam gas station cup, but really thick sturdy plastic however it doesn't have a strap...however back then my son was small enough to cram into a stroller aka mommy and daddys mobile home base (will post pictures later) pleasetwll me im not the only one with a fave cup.

~RtR

Cedar Fair owned the parks in 2009 so what you say can not be true.

I also hang onto my refill cups...they are fun to look back on. 

1529427947_souveniercuphalloweenhaunt2007.thumb.jpg.5648267ed1801e675f3e1d8869cec19d.jpg

This Halloween Haunt cup would probably me my all time favorite...I just like that it looks like there was some effort put into the design so that not only is it functional, it's a great souvenir. 

775978126_refillcupSonOfBeast.thumb.jpg.6f5d6b0d4591d0b53fe35914ea08e69a.jpg

I only show this Son of Beast cup because it's so awful! Whenever I look at it, I wonder how in the world anyone thought this was a good idea...it looks like it belongs in an adult book store.

1731099038_refillcupBeast25th.thumb.jpg.7487111e0194debdbc9bb17ee62b8a12.jpg

I loved this time period of cups. The design of the cup was easy to hold, very sturdy...and once again, a nice souvenir...plus it was nice to use at home for everyday use. The park kept this style of cup for at least 3 years...I miss them. I do NOT like the newer "slap a new sticker on the same old cup year after year" design that has been happening lately. I think they look cheap. 

This Beast style cup are the ones I remember most from my childhood. Only to be accompanied by the plastic belt clip I like how you can see how much smaller the cups have gotten too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, smurfconemama13 said:

This Beast style cup are the ones I remember most from my childhood. Only to be accompanied by the plastic belt clip emoji23.png I like how you can see how much smaller the cups have gotten too emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may be smaller in height, but with the exception of Few LARGER CAPACITY cups they have always held 32oz to my knowledge

14 hours ago, RivertownRaider said:

They may be smaller in height, but with the exception of Few LARGER CAPACITY cups they have always held 32oz to my knowledge

I think the downgrade is more or less the flimsier plastic and so-so designs we currently have. I would love to see the park offer "premium" collector cups that are separate from the drink plan bottles. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joshua said:

I think the downgrade is more or less the flimsier plastic and so-so designs we currently have. I would love to see the park offer "premium" collector cups that were separate from the drink plan bottles. 

That's a great idea... Cause I need another reason to give KI my money

8 hours ago, RivertownRaider said:

That's a great idea... Cause I need another reason to give KI my money

We all do! :D 

I mostly just said that because I have a number of collector cups/glasses that I have gathered over the years from movie theaters, restaurants, and antique malls, and would like to add some KI cups to the mix. But the ones they currently offer are flimsier and not quite as eye-catching, due to being used for the drink plan I reckon. Hopefully, they'll drop something cool for Orion. 

• 2 weeks later...

For awhile, the souvenir cups kept getting bigger each year (to ~32oz iirc) to offer better "value" with $1 refills, but they also encouraged a lot of wasted drink.

The 24oz bottles in recent seasons are a more appropriate serving size, though the season or all-day paper cup refills are infinitely better for the same price.

Not only that I didn’t want to deal with lugging around 4 plastic bottles and storing them so I would only purchase 2.  Now I buy 4 plans and the CF gets $120 from me instead of $60. 

Still not thrilled with all the paper waste it generates but I don’t see a viable alternative.  At least in non-park life I rarely use disposable water bottles/cups. We have had some of the Contigo stainless bottles for 4 years.  

On 9/9/2019 at 6:58 AM, malem said:

For awhile, the souvenir cups kept getting bigger each year (to ~32oz iirc) to offer better "value" with $1 refills, but they also encouraged a lot of wasted drink.

The 24oz bottles in recent seasons are a more appropriate serving size, though the season or all-day paper cup refills are infinitely better for the same price.

Im not a fan of the paper cups i tried them and ended up switching back to the bottle

We tried the paper first and since we were sharing between 3 of us, on hot days the little cup wasn't enough between the 15 min wait. So I paid extra for the switch. This time I'll just go straight bottles. With a young kid it's no big to carry it around or hook it to the wagon.  But if you only carry a wallet and keys paper is a nice option to offer.

• 4 months later...

I have my Kings Island all season souvenir bottles from 2018 purple one (Mystic Timbers & Diamondback) & 2019 orange one (New Kings Mills Antique Autos)...I have 2 so far right now, so I'm looking forward to my 3rd Kings Island all season bottle (gold) with Orion on it in a couple months or so....definitely can't wait to get my hands on one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I Throw them out as soon as the season is over. Why the heck do I need to hold on to more crap?  

Because they're collector cups. You collect them. That's the point. Otherwise, why bother getting the plastic cup option at all?