Souvenir cups

RivertownRaider

^ You're funny! No seriously though, I like to buy them when something major comes out such as Orion this year. The last time I bought one was for Mystic Timbers. And If I don't use the cup anymore, I recycle the cup but keep the label for my refrigerator.

• Like 1

Still have plans to get new Kings Island-Cedar Fair gold all season bottle featuring Orion but I don't know when I will get it yet since I heard Kings Island is extending the closure for another 5 additional weeks....So picking up the new all season bottle is on hold for right now unless whatever Kings Island decides what they can do with the new bottles at least as far as I know that they usually hold on to them until at least Mid-May but why didn't Kings Island mail it to all passholders (including me) in advance of the season opener? I'm thinking it would help passholders save time picking it up at the Guest Services or any of the locations where it carries the all season bottles.   I start to wonder about that....That's absolutely a tough issue to address.   I don't know what the new Kings Island-Cedar Fair gold all season bottle looks like with the Orion on it as of yet..  Delaying Opening Day for another 5 weeks sucks but it is what it is.  

• Thanks 1

Yes, indeed.   One thing to add.....If you guys have a chance to do a photo shoot of what the new Kings Island-Cedar Fair gold all season bottle with Orion looks like,  I would love to see it.  :)  Thanks in advance! :)    One other note, yes....each August when it is my time to renew the Gold Pass for the next upcoming season....I have my stepdad work on renewing the Gold Pass (Kings Island) and then renew the all season eating and drink plans with the bottle option)....so I hope Kings Island get the new gold all season bottle featuring Orion on it so I can get mine ready for use starting in mid-May or whenever possible (first, I have to watch emails closely with Metro for bus service to KI & Kings Island on the 2020 & 2021 season)....  I am sure Kings Island will have the new gold bottles ready soon...although it's real apparent that this will be my first major one for Orion this year which will be the new roller coaster only one.   One note to add:  Yes, I know about the Gold Pass extension to 2021 plus eating & drink plans with new bottle will be good for this year with the new gold bottle for 2020 and a new bottle with different color for 2021 (that new bottle for 2021 will have a different color than gold but it's now top secret).

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

I'd say it's a 99% chance they'll use the SAME ones next year.

I opted for paper cup this year so I don't have to use a locker at Orion.  Hope to "switch" to a plastic bottle next year.

On every register at food locations in the park they now list it as a 2 year deal.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, gforce1994 said:

On every register at food locations in the park they now list it as a 2 year deal.

Assumed (hoped?) they'd honor the drink plan on to next year like the passes and the dining plans, but wonder if I can change to a bottle next year? 

If you've seen the SIX cups, they are a very nice stainless steel Yeti-type that keeps drinks cool for quite a while.  They were selling them for $19.99, which is a pretty good price point, given the quality.  Maybe FUN will consider something down the line.

21 hours ago, Driver8rws said:

Assumed (hoped?) they'd honor the drink plan on to next year like the passes and the dining plans, but wonder if I can change to a bottle next year? 

In addition to 2020 passes themselves being extended to 2021, so too are all add-ons, e.g. drink/dining plans, FunPix, FastLane.

Think of it like you bought a 2020 pass, but now it's really a 2020 thru 2021 pass.  Anything you can do this year, you should be able to do next year, including but not limited to switching between drink plan (on pass) and a reusable bottle.*

*As always, feel free to confirm this with the park.

How does the closure impact my 2020 Season Pass and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable)?

2020 Season Passes and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable) Valid Through the 2021 Season

2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when the park opens. Additionally, 2020 Regular, Gold and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will be extended through the 2021 Season, according to your pass type.

Source: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/park-update