Six Flags 2020 Announcements

Since Six Flags will be making their 2020 announcements tomorrow at 5 am, I thought I would start this thread to discuss what we think of each park's new addition. Six Flags Great America's has gotten leaked, so I'll just post the video with the leak here:

When an official announcement is made, I will also be posting it here.

29 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wonder if they did the Jersey Devil as a tribute to the NHL's New Jersey Devils

black-fanmats-sports-rugs-18878-64_1000.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/FANMATS-NHL-New-Jersey-Devils-Black-2-ft-x-2-ft-Round-Area-Rug-18878/206577496

The Jersey Devil is a very famous creature in New Jersey folklore: https://weirdnj.com/stories/jersey-devil/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I feel so sorry for people who have a Six Flags as a home park.  The cringe is, indeed, terrible.

Some good additions for them, but I do like letting the parks make their own announcements like Cedar Fair does.

Pretty much the only Six Flags park that consistently gets good new additions is Great America. Coincidentally, Six Flags Great America is my all-time favorite park, but it's also the only Six Flags park that even cracks my top ten...

Because of that, though, I think announcing everything together is probably best for the way they do things. The announcement video for the Catwoman Whip which will likely be an upcharge would be about 20 seconds with no fanfare. Very different than, say, the Orion announcement which absolutely deserved to be raised on a pedestal by itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm interested in Dare Devil Dive at SFFT

I've ridden this same ride at Lagoon in Salt Lake (Great park BTW.)

Its a very fun ride, and I recall that after I rode it I thought "This would be a great ride for KI!"

4 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I feel so sorry for people who have a Six Flags as a home park.  The cringe is, indeed, terrible.

Some good additions for them, but I do like letting the parks make their own announcements like Cedar Fair does.

Have you visited Magic Mountain, or New England, or GAdv, Fiesta Texas or Great America? This parks are amazing and I don't think the general public is going to feel embarrassed by an announcement because the company providing it is for ENTERTAINMENT. I kind of appreciate that they have fun with their announcement video and put some pizzazz into it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Have you visited Magic Mountain, or New England, or GAdv, Fiesta Texas or Great America? This parks are amazing and I don't think the general public is going to feel embarrassed by an announcement because the company providing it is for ENTERTAINMENT. I kind of appreciate that they have fun with their announcement video and put some pizzazz into it.

Magic Mountain-great rides but terrible park.  For a top tier park, the standards were terrible.  One train ops for a busier time, surley employees, and just an overall bad time.

Great Adventure-awesome park.  Great rides, safari was awesome.  Some of the best performing staff I have seen in the parks I have been to.  Great food.  

The others you listed, I have  not been to.  I dropped my SIX pass a couple of years ago because they make it very difficult to give them my money.  I understand the first time you buy a pass, you have to visit the park to process it, but after that initial purchase you should be able to renew yearly online, similar to the way FUN does it.  I know a membership allows that, but I would rather pay a lump sum than monthly payments.

As for the announcement, to each their own.  Each park has posted their additions, but I'd like to see them have more local control.  On this thread, I am speaking more from an enthusiast standpoint, and I will admit my bias:  I think Cedar Fair, in general, does a better job with presenting themselves.  

And poor Magic Mountain.  WCR is going to be an awesome ride, but it's almost September and there is no signs of it opening.  ;)

I saw the announcement video this morning and here were my overall (intial) thoughts:

-I was most excited about the PowerSplash coming to Six Flags over Texas (also, Aquaman was a great movie!)

-Lots of flats and waterslides... why all the water attractions (even for Cedar Fair)… I mean, I get waterparks are a big draw, but for two companies to be focusing on mostly water park additions for 2020 (barring Six Flags' coasters, Orion, the Michigan's Adventure addition and the aforementioned SIX flats, of course), that seems a little interesting...

-On the topic of flats, the Air Race going into Six Flags Fiesta Texas looks really cool and unique

-Is Discovery Kingdom's coaster new or used? I only ask as it wasn't long ago that Rajun' Cajun got moved from SFGAM to Six Flags America.

-I had already known about Jersey Devil, so I guess it looks cool, I guess; finally a custom Raptor*

On that last note, I thought about how it was cool how all these insane "dreamed up" coasters are coming to life. For example, some claimed TTD looked like an exaggerated coaster brought to life. Also, El Loco reminds me of that toy coaster/slide toy that ran at K B Toys at the mall that did a bunch of crazy turns and went upside down. Finally, some could say the same about Raptor track's single rail design (as when drawing a roller coaster, some only use one line to represent the coaster). Just something I found interesting ^_^

*Upon watching Coaster Studios' review of the coaster, it actually sounds cool, but not sure how much I'm on board with the Devilish themeing (thought they'd go for supernatural theming as I believe the Jersey Devil is some sort of paranormal/cryptozoological thing). In any case, it looks unique and cool and the upon seeing the Coaster Studios video, the whole ride reminds me of something Cedar Fair would do (which is a good thing; a standalone coaster with non-DC theme). Also, finally I don't have to California or Texas to try out these things (but to be fair, Railblazer looks really cool and I'd love to go to Fiesta Texas for more than just their two RMC's).

59 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I’d disagree, you have Orion, Jersey Devil, Rmc gwazi, Pantheon, a dive coaster, a large GCI. Seems like a pretty good year.

23 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I forgot about Pantheon and I was there for media day. Which park is getting the dive coaster? 

Sea World San Diego. Ben43065 also forgot Candymonium, the B&M Hyper Coming to Hersheypark, and Sea World Orlando has also confirmed a coaster for 2020 but has not announced what it is yet (Sea World is going all out in 2020, it seems).

6 minutes ago, malem said:

^ SeaWorld San Antonio (which has yet to officially announce) is getting the GCI; SeaWorld San Diego is getting the Dive Coaster.

RCDB is good for keeping it all straight. https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&op=2020

Oops! Sorry, they are both Sea World San (Insert Rest of City Name Here), so my mind got the 2 parks mixed up for a second.