Drop Tower to give 10 millionth ride Labor Day Weekend

IndyGuy4KI

This season, Drop Tower celebrates its 20th anniversary at Kings Island, and this weekend it is set to give its 10 millionth ride.  The ride ascends 267 feet, where riders can spend a few tension-filled seconds enjoying a view of up to 18 miles away before plunging downward at speeds of up to 67 mph. Could a KIC member be the 10 millionth rider?

Kings Island Hours this Holiday Weekend

·       Friday:  5pm – 10pm

·       Saturday: 10am – 10pm

·       Sunday: 10am – 10pm

·       Monday: 10am – 8pm

Soak City Water Park is open 11am – 7pm Saturday through Monday.

DT Sign.jpg

20170827_114403.jpg

• Like 4

Happy 10 million, DT (or as I prefer to call it, Drop Zone)! Though I'm now partial to Delirium (it's so relaxing!) it is a good late 90's staple of the park and always a thrilling ride. However, I've often been afraid of being stuck at the top, which thankfully has never happened. Here's the 20+ more years of thrills!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

This season, Drop Tower celebrates its 20th anniversary at Kings Island, and this weekend it is set to give its 10 millionth ride.  The ride ascends 315 feet, where riders can spend a few tension-filled seconds enjoying a view of up to 18 miles away before plunging downward at speeds of up to 67 mph. Could a KIC member be the 10 millionth rider?

Actually Drop Tower only takes you up 267 feet...but the tower is 315 feet tall...

• Like 2

I'll say this. Once B&M starts making 300-400ft drop rides, Giant Frisbees,  Screamin' Swings (or any flats at all, for that matter) which run with no issues whatsoever, then I suppose the critique of Intamin's, Huss', or S&S etc. rides would be more valid.

But until then...

EDIT: 

Here's to one of the greatest flat rides ever built!

• Like 1