Winterfest 2019 Discussion.

SnakePlissken

12 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The park just released the WF map. Along with a great Blog post about WF food offerings.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/november/food-guide-to-winterfest-2019-at-kings-island

FB_IMG_1574127041537.jpg

Looks like with the inclusion of the construction site on the map, that probably is why Flight of Fear is closed this year. Also, I cannot wait for Winterfest!

• Like 2

A couple things to note from the Weatherbug camera:

• They have been adding the lighted frames formerly on the pedestals to the Royal Fountain this morning.
  • The flags on the buildings were taken down and have not been replaced.
  • There are new lighted snowflakes on the side of the German Building facing the front gate.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

A couple things to note from the Weatherbug camera:

• They have been adding the lighted frames formerly on the pedestals to the Royal Fountain this morning.
  • The flags on the buildings were taken down and have not been replaced.
  • There are new lighted snowflakes on the side of the German Building facing the front gate.

Here are some screenshots of what is described above via weatherbug:

Also, the snowflakes on the German building appear to be on both sides of that part and they seem to have been at least since yesterday (looking at past 24 hour images)

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 5.33.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 5.33.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 5.34.26 PM.png

• Like 5

On 11/18/2019 at 7:32 AM, upstop said:

Still no train display. Come on KI you have plenty of room for one! :D

They have a 1:1 scale train display in Rivertown that you can actually ride! :lol: But seriously, that would be a nice addition.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:45 PM, MDMC01 said:

Also, what is the "Holday Sing-Along" (in Rivertown Wonderland)? Is that new?

"Holiday Sing-Along" is, I assume, in Brewhouse.  I know they had it there in 2017.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The parade at Carowinds looks awesome! But it made me think...if they did a parade at KI, how in the world would they fit it into the already tight schedule? The entertainment options at Winterfest are already ridiculous, in a good way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think when they add that next year (hint) they will either have to open a hour earlier and push everything forward, or eliminate the last performance of all shows since essentially all of the casts become the parade performers. 

• Like 1

They had a parade in the incarnation of the Winterfest in 2005.  I still find it odd that Kings Island hasn`t copied Carowinds` lead and opened Winterfest earlier, especially on the weekends.

It would be nice in a way if they stayed open until 11, or opened earlier.  As you noted, there is a lot of entertainment to choose from. It is almost impossible to do everything in one night.  That is probably by design.  They probably want people to visit multiple times so that they end up spending more money.

• Like 3