Winterfest 2019 Discussion.

SnakePlissken

3 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Looks like the New Year's Eve Lounge is sorta back. This time it's open to anyone with $40-50. Looks like 50 without a passholder discount, 40 with and another price for kids. It also says meal only. It does not say how long the meal lasts or what time on New Year's Eve. I would not want to spend my whole night up there. It doesn't say if you lose out or forfeit part of the experience if I left to do something else. Price is too high anyways for my taste. Still gonna go if it doesn't rain.

This year you can come and go from the IR without forfeiting your spot.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Thank you for sharing! I thought this "exhibit" (if you want to call it that) is very unique and reminds me of a Haunt maze with all the curtains separating the areas.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 6:47 AM, MDMC01 said:

Thank you for sharing! I thought this "exhibit" (if you want to call it that) is very unique and reminds me of a Haunt maze with all the curtains separating the areas.

They REALLY need more signage to explain this. When you know about it, it’s super charming. When you don’t, it’s super odd and “looks like something a high school made” because...well, they did. I had to explain to a few people tonight who were VERY confused and once they heard the whole story they were super in to it. I just feel like they stuck it there with no backstory about its creation. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, standbyme said:

To anyone who was wondering how well The KI Gear site packs their items...I was really impressed. They were double boxed...plus packing in each box!

902C1643-A990-4B41-816C-152C53DB1F03.jpeg

E1C6C0E5-7D42-471A-827A-BD646019D614.jpeg

4984B261-CC2E-4F30-BA4E-37853D869890.jpeg

That's good I was worried they'd send them in a bubble mailer like they did fir the Winterfest ball they sent my work. It's lucky it didn't bust, the box was smashed.

• Like 1

This is my first time to Winterfest and I was wondering if the Jack Frost Igloos are worth the cost. We are going this Friday and I am still recovering from Cataract Surgery and sometime the cold air hurts my eyes and I thought this would be a good place for my eyes to settle down before going back outside. I am also planning on wearing my windproof eye glasses to  also help. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coastergirl24 said:

This is my first time to Winterfest and I was wondering if the Jack Frost Igloos are worth the cost. We are going this Friday and I am still recovering from Cataract Surgery and sometime the cold air hurts my eyes and I thought this would be a good place for my eyes to settle down before going back outside. I am also planning on wearing my windproof eye glasses to  also help. 

Maybe wear a pair of goggles. Or do what I do and if its really that cold mix up indoor events throughout the night. Kings Island theater, Peanuts Showplace, Boo Blasters if you really must and go get dinner indoors. I recommend Snowday Buffet or Skyline. Also the weather this week is looking to be a bit mild for this time of year. 50's during the day. I sure do miss not having the Flight of Cheer as an option to go get warmed up.

My last few night rides on Mystic Timbers have been fantastic and give me flashbacks to riding The Voyage at Holiwood Nights - just as The Beast's helix gives me (good) flashbacks to Son of Beast!

Also, as of tonight, Santa has officially left the building and will be replaced by Santa Snoopy*! I just want to say I've really enjoyed visiting Santa and the elves in Rivertown this season and I wish them all the best!

*Link: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/winterfest/attractions/rivertown-wonderland

• Like 1

I had another fantastic night last night! My first ride of the day was Mystic Timbers and I got the tree (I ended up riding it two more times that evening, including the last train of the night with fellow enthusiasts). I also ended up doing two new things that I've never done before at Winterfest: the Snowglobe in Action (Ice) Zone and made cookies. The snowglobe was really cool and the way they had me get to the snowglobe part felt like containment chambers in space; it was really cool! I also made cookies with a family I knew from Cirque and that was fun. I was gonna write something on the cookie, but I got fed up with the icing, which created this masterpiece lol:

KIMG0356[1].JPG

Thankfully, someone else ate it (as I'm a picky eater; I did try the icing and it wasn't too good). Before getting the LROTNOMT, I saw what would be my last showing of "What the Dickens?" (as the show's last day is Monday). It was a great last show as always and I said goodbye to the cast afterward. Throughout the night, I ran into people I knew and even acted as a lifeline for one of my friends' Christmas present to his girlfriend (he made her a crossword puzzle containing facts about himself to assist her in figuring out her Christmas present). Finally, I tried to learn how to floss. I absolutely HATE that dance, but I also wanted to learn it as I was curious- it's harder than it looks!

Also, as a note, it turns out the prices of carriage rides fluctuate based on demand, as last night it was $30 (instead of $10 like it was most of the rest of the season- at least it was $10 at the times I checked the price)!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I had another fantastic night last night! My first ride of the day was Mystic Timbers and I got the tree (I ended up riding it two more times that evening, including the last train of the night with fellow enthusiasts). I also ended up doing two new things that I've never done before at Winterfest: the Snowglobe in Action (Ice) Zone and made cookies. The snowglobe was really cool and the way they had me get to the snowglobe part felt like containment chambers in space; it was really cool! I also made cookies with a family I knew from Cirque and that was fun. I was gonna write something on the cookie, but I got fed up with the icing, which created this masterpiece lol:

KIMG0356[1].JPG

Thankfully, someone else ate it (as I'm a picky eater; I did try the icing and it wasn't too good). Before getting the LROTNOMT, I saw what would be my last showing of "What the Dickens?" (as the show's last day is Monday). It was a great last show as always and I said goodbye to the cast afterward. Throughout the night, I ran into people I knew and even acted as a lifeline for one of my friends' Christmas present to his girlfriend (he made her a crossword puzzle containing facts about himself to assist her in figuring out her Christmas present). Finally, I tried to learn how to floss. I absolutely HATE that dance, but I also wanted to learn it as I was curious- it's harder than it looks!

Also, as a note, it turns out the prices of carriage rides fluctuate based on demand, as last night it was $30 (instead of $10 like it was most of the rest of the season- at least it was $10 at the times I checked the price)!

I did the snow globe for the first time too this season! There was a dead day at WF so I took advantage of the opportunity to do some things I didn’t have the patience for. 
23550DD2-1997-49A0-87A0-E8757EA307C9.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Do the carriage rides just take you down and back on the Coney Mall midway?

Yep, it’s a shame, because the other night they were heading back to the animal area in PS and coming up the hill and around the Eiffel Tower. It looked so cool and romantic. That longer path would make it worth more. I know the logistics on a busy night would make it neatly impossible to go down IS, and around the tower back to Coney, but imagine the kinetics of that! Plus if there was any way to start them in river town, it would be more more thematically appropriate to have horse drawn cartridges in a “country Christmas” area. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robintodd said:

It noticed that the but at 9:15 pm they were $20.

I think it’s fine to vary price, but I do think they need a more consistent “schedule” for the pricing just to be fair. Like “from 6-8 is premium pricing. From 8-9 it goes down 10 and from 9-10 it’s even 10 bucks less. If people knew they could wait and pay less, you might drive more business to the later hours to the point that you wouldn’t need to drop it as much. 

• Like 1

And why discount it if they have they have demand? - if it is discounted it means nobody is paying for the event so they lower it to increase demand - it's called dynamic pricing.... Similar to other paid attractions already at KI that adjusts it's price based on demand....

On many nights the attraction remained at $40 all night and on other nights it incorporates dynamic pricing principals...

• Like 1