Jump to content

Last Operating Day for 2020 is Nov 1st!

Kings Island is now closed for 2020.

Winterfest 2019 Discussion.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tonight was absolutely perfect.  It snowed from 6:30ish past closing.   The kind of snow that sits on the trees.    They did not open Mystic Timbers but everything else was operating at some poin

I went to my very first Winterfest last night and had an absolute blast. Let me first say that this year has been hands down the worst year of my life for a number of reasons. Getting into the holid

The park just released the WF map. Along with a great Blog post about WF food offerings. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/november/food-guide-to-winterfest-2019-at-kings-island

Posted Images

The Snow Day Buffett offers roast beef, turkey, pork loin, potatoes, green bean casserole, carrots, mac and cheese, salad, rolls and dessert bar! $5.00 for Meal Plan.

A bunch of KIC members are here now and all love it and a step up from last year.

 

Photo_1574465277600.jpg

Photo_1574465276996.jpg

Photo_1574465278198.jpg

Photo_1574465278811.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The parade at Carowinds looks awesome! But it made me think...if they did a parade at KI, how in the world would they fit it into the already tight schedule? The entertainment options at Winterfest are already ridiculous, in a good way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

I think when they add that next year (hint) they will either have to open a hour earlier and push everything forward, or eliminate the last performance of all shows since essentially all of the casts become the parade performers. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 So impressed all the images in coney BBQ have been changed to past Winterfest pics. They are upping the details big time. 

Quite a few technical issues with lighting thus eve in coney and on I street, but opening night always has a few glitches. Seeing kids have a great time interacting with the 4 drummers makes the “oops” moments fade. 

And the queue house trim on mystic looks great. Nice new addition. 
 

and it looks like EVERYONE  had a great night. Love the characters - official or otherwise- that come out for Winterfest! 

7DC5117C-CFCC-4DE2-9F3E-5DE4029348D7.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Snow Day Buffett offers roast beef, turkey, pork loin, potatoes, green bean casserole, carrots, mac and cheese, salad, rolls and dessert bar! $5.00 for Meal Plan.



Did anybody catch the price for just season pass holders without meal plan? I know the International Street Buffet one is around $29.99 per the website. But it doesn’t list the price for this one. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Melody said:

 


Did anybody catch the price for just season pass holders without meal plan? I know the International Street Buffet one is around $29.99 per the website. But it doesn’t list the price for this one. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Here ya go

IMG_20191122_185055.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Here ya go

IMG_20191122_185055.thumb.jpg.bcfec099d7daa10161b2db1f49c45049.jpg

Awesome thanks! Last 2 years I tried to go to the International Street one (for the view mostly) and it was sold out and going again this year for my bday but just checked online and it’s sold out that weekend for private event! So I’ll try this one haha

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Had the Snow Day Buffet, I highly recommend it! Much better then International Streets buffet imo.

Good to hear. The International one does seem kinda “fancy” lol. I’ve just never been up there and wanna see the view


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Melody said:


Good to hear. The International one does seem kinda “fancy” lol. I’ve just never been up there and wanna see the view


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Winter Buffet at the International Restaurant  is very good, but I really go up there for the view.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the short of what I saw:

Tree Lighting, Tinker’s Toy Factory, and Cool Yule Christmas are all almost entirely new - at least 95%.
 

I know many like me were worried about Tinker’s since the original was such a good show. Is “Christmas Fever” as good or better? No. Is it a great show? Yes! It’s just hard to follow KI’s “Citizen Kane.” The show starts out a little weak but gets progressively stronger. It also has some legit laugh out loud humor. Even makes allusions to the previous iteration of the show. 
 

Here are some photos of a couple of new things:

2B7F064D-FEB8-4D75-972A-8CDD2868525B.jpeg

Projected on the Festhaus. Not much to the story, but still looked great.

1A5B7914-DFB3-4F71-9A97-61CB2744872F.jpeg

They now have “floating” fixtures on the Oktoberfest pond.

2C47180D-85CB-4EEB-B2D1-E01ACC63FC19.jpeg1D18F34C-FE91-4EF0-AAE9-0E4C0DBD672C.jpegF39E6977-FC4C-4554-961C-2B356CE41AB3.jpeg

The above 3 photos were a new display/walk through that was in Coney Confections ($10 & under store). It tells a brief story. Kind of neat. A little weird. Worth checking out. :D

I should mention that I did the train. 12 Days of Christmas does run through Soak City Station. The rest are more displays that are similar in nature. I had erroneously reported that I saw a building lit up from the road. I guess I was seeing one of these displays.

Over all it’s a good product this year. Much of it is renewed and/or refreshed. Glad to see that the even got another jolt. The lighting has followed the trend of being even more incredible than last year.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It was in the queue last year and in 2017. Woodshed #2 I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

I use the single rider line and so if anything's over there I never see it. The poster is on the ride platform now where Arrow Staple Gun was. I know Arrow Staple Gun and one other were added for Winterfest 2017 then left up for the entire 2018 and 19 seasons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

Citizen Kane?

 

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

Considered by many to be the greatest film of all time...so I’m assuming Ryan thought highly of the original Tinker show and is comparing it to that.

Yep. Arguably the greatest film of all time with Toy Factory being many peoples’ favorite KI show of all time.  If they had made a “Citizen Kane 2: Return to Xanadu” even if it had been an excellent movie it would still have just been the sequel to the original.

Not to downplay the new Tinker show, of course. As I said, I very much enjoyed it. I thought the singing and choreography seemed to require much more skill than most other shows we have seen. Songs were great, story was cute, performers were excellent. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The Snow Day Buffett offers roast beef, turkey, pork loin, potatoes, green bean casserole, carrots, mac and cheese, salad, rolls and dessert bar! $5.00 for Meal Plan.

A bunch of KIC members are here now and all love it and a step up from last year.

 

Photo_1574465277600.jpg

Photo_1574465276996.jpg

Photo_1574465278198.jpg

Photo_1574465278811.jpg

This was a complete letdown this year. I tried the Snow Day Buffet last night around 8pm. They were out of almost all the meat and lots of other food was either not on the buffet or they were slow to bring more out. Lots of people standing around with empty plates waiting on food to be brought around. I never did get to try the turkey. Staff tried to say there were only 2 chefs and they couldn't keep up with demand. Well last night wasn't that busy. If they could not make food fast enough and keep the buffet stocked last night then whats gonna happen on a really busy night. Even the desert bar was just one cookie tray. I likely won't ever do this again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

This was a complete letdown this year. I tried the Snow Day Buffet last night around 8pm. They were out of almost all the meat and lots of other food was either not on the buffet or they were slow to bring more out. Lots of people standing around with empty plates waiting on food to be brought around. I never did get to try the turkey. Staff tried to say there were only 2 chefs and they couldn't keep up with demand. Well last night wasn't that busy. If they could not make food fast enough and keep the buffet stocked last night then whats gonna happen on a really busy night. Even the desert bar was just one cookie tray. I likely won't ever do this again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 

That’s a shame. Clearly you had a different experience than the other KIC members in the photo. I remember them having a little trouble keeping the buffet stocked from time to time last year. Hopefully this clears up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

 

Yep. Arguably the greatest film of all time with Toy Factory being many peoples’ favorite KI show of all time.  If they had made a “Citizen Kane 2: Return to Xanadu” even if it had been an excellent movie it would still have just been the sequel to the original.

Not to downplay the new Tinker show, of course. As I said, I very much enjoyed it. I thought the singing and choreography seemed to require much more skill than most other shows we have seen. Songs were great, story was cute, performers were excellent

 

2 hours ago, standbyme said:

Considered by many to be the greatest film of all time...so I’m assuming Ryan thought highly of the original Tinker show and is comparing it to that.

Ah, okay thanks. I just didn't understand the reference. I googled it seeing it was a movie, but still didn't get the reception of it. :p 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...