Coney Island Cincinnati to remove all rides

BoddaH1994

I hope Kings Island would get some Coney Rides next year?

Despite they have no plans get Coney rides as of right now .  I see in the future Python would become Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin Chaser in Planet Snoopy area at KI next year CoasterRz.

Here the list they would get:

Python turn into Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin Chaser or New Bavarian Beetle

Rock O Plane at Coney Mall section to keep legacy alive for Coney and  LeSourdesville Lake in Cincinnati area

River Runner turn into Viking Ship 2 or Camp Snoopy Boat Ship 

Wipe Out can be on former Cyrpt building or in Action Zone section

Tempest  to keep legacy alive for Coney and  LeSourdesville Lake in Cincinnati area

Tilt-A-Whirl

Round Up at Area 51 near Coney Mall 

Top Spin can be on former Cyrpt building as well or  some where in Kings Island section

Flying Bobs

That's list for now 

image.jpeg

Image result for python coney island

image.jpeg

Image result for wipeout coney island

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Image result for round up coney island

• Like 3

On 9/27/2019 at 4:45 AM, PKIDelirium said:

Not to mention that Python is far from being the most comfortable coaster of its class. The fourth row of the train can't even be used because of how violent it would be. It's a decent ride in the front row, but the second and third are rather dicey.

omg Donz! hi

The comments on Coney's FB page in regards to season pass prices are not kind at all for the most part. I have a feeling Coney won't be around much longer unless they start making smarter decisions.

$80 for the regular pass when an additional $30 will get you a Gold Pass to KI is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Yep KIC Legend , Coney Island owned by Walker Family since 1990 who are independent owned not corporation  such as Cedar Fair and Six Flags. I met Brenda Walker in 2017 when I get my free Summerfair tickets for my relatives in front of her office  and she is nice lady however I am kind of shock her that she decided to drop theme rides all together after 2019 Coney Island season in favor of water park and i heard some body told me she wanted to expand the wave pool and i told that person how you can added the wave pool if this place going to flood every winter. Lmao  She lucky keep mini Golf course, Games of Skill  with game room going to keep for now which was original plan removed along with the rides, and Paddle Boat in former amusement side which become new section for water park. But Shows and Rides are gone poof out of the building.  

I have feeling she wanted Coney Island not just only the water park and she wanted Coney Island to be normal park without no rides just like Lakemont Park Lmao.

image.png

image.png

IT LOOK LIKE CONEY ISLAND WILL BE DEFUNCT  IN THE FUTURE . IF Brenda  continue to jack up the price of season pass. Which Means Balloon Glow and Summer Fair can appear in Kings Island in the future if Coney closed for good despite they have successful with Coney with the rides or without the rides.

• Like 3

I have to point out there is a $79.95 pass called the Splash Pass, it includes parking, admission, and all of the important parts if all you want to do is go to the water park. 

The pass everyone keeps complaining about just adds the ability to bring a cooler, a free game of skill every week, paddleboats, mini golf, and extra bring a friend tickets.  If these items do not matter then there is no need to pay the extra $50 dollars.  Without the rides the Adventure pass really does not make much sense for most guests.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Kenban said:

I have to point out there is a $79.95 pass called the Splash Pass, it includes parking, admission, and all of the important parts if all you want to do is go to the water park. 

The pass everyone keeps complaining about just adds the ability to bring a cooler, a free game of skill every week, paddleboats, mini golf, and extra bring a friend tickets.  If these items do not matter then there is no need to pay the extra $50 dollars.  Without the rides the Adventure pass really does not make much sense for most guests.

Even so, as I said above, that basic pass is only $30 less than a KI Gold Pass.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If KI don't get these Former Coney Rides such as Flying Bobs and Tilt-A-Whirl" and Rock O Plane a former Americana/Coney  and Legend Ferris Wheel in Cincy Area ,  by next year or 2021 and I would be unhappy and KI miss opportunity to get it and waste money on New Roller Coaster or Fancy Rides. Better Idea get some Coney Rides first before buy some expensive rides.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, culinaryjoey said:

...waste money on New Roller Coaster or Fancy Rides. Better Idea get some Coney Rides first before buy some expensive rides.

I would imagine that KI has more than enough information regarding ROI (return on investment) and appropriately selects rides which provide the best return. 

Getting a used ride on the cheap might seem like a great opportunity.  But the overall cost to refurbish, maintain, and actual ridership numbers may show it to actually be throwing money away.  Purchasing a new flat ride might be cheaper.  

• Like 3

Huh. I never knew the Python was that old. Was it relocated from somewhere else?

Also - has anyone heard mention of auctioning off any of the other park assets? I remember there was an old Ms. Pac-Man arcade cabinet languishing in the attic of the games building along with lots of spare parts for Skee-Ball, etc. Could be a veritable gold mine for someone in that line of work. 

• Like 1