Coney Island Cincinnati to remove all rides

BoddaH1994

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

I like this idea.  Look you could paint over the snake skin to make the cars orange and yellow.  Plop the track down in Octoberfest right where the slingshot is.  Boom! return of the Flying Dutchman

YES!!!!

25 minutes ago, TombraiderTy said:

Just curious, did you ever ride Python? In my opinion it's the last ride I'd want relocated from Coney to Kings Island :lol:

Yes I have, and its not too bad. (not as bad a Vortex lmao)

• Like 1

There is no way KI would say that there is no plan on bringing Coney Rides and they just wanted to keep secret anyway.

KI needs some parts from Coney Rides such as scrambler and bumper cars and new Vikings ship from Coney to old Viking Ship in Kings Island  and adding some dose other trill rides from Coney Such as flying Bob's, Phyton, Top Spin, and Wipe Out .

Will see how it's playout.

Thanks KI Guy to confront us that there's still chance Coney rides would be KI next year.

• Like 1

The only Coney rides I could see working well at KI (besides possibly one of the kiddie rides) are Flying Bobs and Tilt-a-Whirl.

The company that makes Scrambler is still in business so KI wouldn't need to strip the one at Coney for parts. The bumper cars and ship at KI are completely different than the ones at Coney so those wouldn't do very well for parts either.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, westcoaster said:

Is there a site, auction retail to find rides for sale?

Games etc. 

Rides4U is the liquidator according to this article: https://carnivalwarehouse.com/newsserver/rides-4-u-to-liquidate-amusement-rides-from-cincinnati-based-coney-island-1568246400

I assume eventually we will see Coney rides here: http://www.rides4u.com/rides/used/all/0/created/DESC/10/1

• Like 2

I feel that at least as far a company picnics go, the rides draw a lot more people than might necessarily decide to ride them. Coney Island's identity is an amusement park, and amusement parks have rides.

I don't know of many companies that have employee picnics at a swimming pool.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I could see Rock-o-plane and maybe even Tempest going to Stricker's.  From a pure capacity standpoint, the Tilt-a-Whirl and Flying Bobs are the main two I could see at KI.  Hopefully Cedar Fair picks up the Scrambler and puts it at one of the parks that doesn't have one.

Tilt-a-Whirl would be a great addition.  Always a must ride when I head up to the point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I could see Rock-o-plane and maybe even Tempest going to Stricker's.  From a pure capacity standpoint, the Tilt-a-Whirl and Flying Bobs are the main two I could see at KI.  Hopefully Cedar Fair picks up the Scrambler and puts it at one of the parks that doesn't have one.

My guess is Sticker's will not pickup any rides.  Since it is a private park expansion is very difficult to justify, and would have to happen very slowly.  It would be easy to expand straight out of business.

Cedar Fair might be interested in some of the rides, they have picked up used rides in the past, but so many used rides are put on the market every year and they have been very selective about the rides they purchase.  The flying bobs for instance is the mobile version and is still mounted on a trailer.  I doubt they would be interested in rides not designed to be permanently installed unless it is easy to convert.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

From the comments on their FB post yesterday, it does not seem people are happy with the decision they made.

That seemed to be the general consensus at the park last night. I, for one, am not buying the “guest research” emphasizing a greater focus on the water attractions. The ride closures coupled with the canceling of Fall-O-Ween is raising a red flag or two. I also have heard rumblings on Facebook about coolers not being permitted anymore? I don’t know if that’s true, but it seems like something might be going on behind the scenes. The whole thing reeks of Geauga Lake to me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

That seemed to be the general consensus at the park last night. I, for one, am not buying the “guest research” emphasizing a greater focus on the water attractions. The ride closures coupled with the canceling of Fall-O-Ween is raising a red flag or two. I also have heard rumblings on Facebook about coolers not being permitted anymore? I don’t know if that’s true, but it seems like something might be going on behind the scenes. The whole thing reeks of Geauga Lake to me. 

I'm not buying the whole "guest research" thing either - especially given the feedback they've received about this decision. As far as the coolers go, I believe they used to allow all pass holders to bring a cooler into the pool. This year you could only do that if you were a platinum pass holder. There has to be more to this than they're letting on - cancelling the popular fall festival, suddenly deciding to remove rides, still no season pass sales and we're almost to October...

On a more positive note, at least my visit last night allowed me to finally add something Coney Island related to my wardrobe - I scored a $37 zip-up hooded sweatshirt for $13.85 with tax (65% off).

• Like 5

21 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

From the comments on their FB post yesterday, it does not seem people are happy with the decision they made.

To be fair, how many people ever take to Facebook to spread good will and positive sentiments en masse?

Certainly agree that this isn't a popular decision, but let's not act as if Facebook is a barometer for rational opinions. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3