BoddaH1994

Coney Island Cincinnati to remove all rides

I'm still wondering what Coney will be like for big events like Balloon Glow and especially Fire Up the Nite. The rides have always been a big draw at both events (and a reason to get there early to beat the crowds). With the pool being closed by the time Fire Up the Nite occurs, there's not going to be much for anyone to do before the fireworks start.

Per the email newslettter I got from Coney, Fire Up the Night is now on Satruday, June 6th this year.  I imagine they will do what they do for July 3 and Balloon Glow and keep the pool open until 9:30 that night.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:48 AM, DeviousMrMatt said:

My wife and I discuss this every year when it comes to passes for our family. Kings Islands is definitely the better deal, but as far as location (we are in Amelia) and the fact that my wife just wants to lay in the pool on a raft or hang out in the deep end of the pool, we ultimately choose Coney because there is no place for my wife to relax at KI in a pool.

Exactly.   Zoombezi Bay has an adults only lazy river and bar with drinks allowed on the tubes.  Just take my money.  

• Like 1

Anyword on what was done with Python? Is it being sold or scrapped? 

• Like 1

The Ferris Wheel went to someone in the DC suburbs. Check out the "Historical Amusement Park Flat Rides" group on FB for more info

• Like 1

Do we have any idea what they will be doing with all the extra space next year or is it going to be expanded upon in the upcoming years?

I would say look for it to be expanded upon in future years.  This year, I am sure, will be a bit of a transition year.

Also, part of the park is currently under water, as the Ohio River is expected to be above flood stage this weekend.  Currently, Kellogg Avenue is closed between Sutton (Gate 2 of the park), and Belterra Park to the east, right by where Sunlite Pool is located.

• Like 2

The interesting thing with Fire Up the Nite being held in early June this year is that they've used the pool area for special activities during that event in prior years. It will be interesting to see how they handle that this year.

• Confused 1