Coney Island Cincinnati to remove all rides

BoddaH1994

So we get rid of a great collection of classic rides and throw in some inflatables. I guess throwing a patch on when a hole gets created or replacing a blower is cheaper than maintaining those rides.  What happens when they go floating down the Ohio River?

I almost think they would be better off with Morgan RVs who ran Indiana Beach into the ground.

• Like 5

Actually Brad, you inadvertently hit on exactly what they are doing when you spoke about throwing a patch on a hole..... the phrase "Throwing a Band-Aid on a bullet wound" comes to mind.

EDIT:  I started laughing when I thought about them floating down the Ohio River.... Coney Management will charge admission for the World's largest duck pond game.

• Like 3

Sounds like this is their answer to "people actually want more than just a pool", but it certainly won't appeal to as many people as the classic rides did, and in fact it will mostly appeal to kids. I'm also wondering how well the whole "arts and crafts" thing will work in a pool setting...

• Like 4

On 4/21/2022 at 11:45 PM, Oldiesmann said:

Sounds like this is their answer to "people actually want more than just a pool", but it certainly won't appeal to as many people as the classic rides did, and in fact it will mostly appeal to kids. I'm also wondering how well the whole "arts and crafts" thing will work in a pool setting...

It will do splendidly if people are selling handcrafted beach towels and pool floaties :lol:

• Haha 2

This all sounds like a botched attempt and trying to salvage whatever they can to keep the appeal. Even though truly there is no appeal. 

And honestly inflatable obstacle courses are just gross. All I smell are dirty feet when I think about them. 

• Like 3