Possibility of another 200ft+ Coaster

SonofBaconator

A raptor for Kings Island would be too low of capacity even with the twelve people per train and four trains Jersey Devil has. To put that in perspective, one train on Orion, Diamondback, or Banshee has almost three trains worth of Jersey Devil capacity. We would need something like the yet-to-be-built T-Rex.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I would love if lightning rod wasn’t such a mess because a massive launched topper track woodie on the old Vortex plot would be wonderful and picturesque and it could fill a gap that doesn’t compete directly with the nearby Cedar Fair hybrids, and feels very different from other things in the KI lineup for the GP. But if Cedar Fair is done working with RMC, El Toro is my number one, so if intamin’s BGV installations are smooth, I can see a world where CF starts working with them again. Especially now that they’re playing with stalls and outerbanks, a new inverting prefab from them could be an extremely unique world-class coaster. 

• 3 months later...

I changed the title to include the idea of additional 200ft coasters- not just wood. With that being said I think in terms of 200ft, a dive coaster seems possible in the distant future since they're compact and GP magnets. Others say that a coaster replacing Vortex might hit 200ft.

(I'm talking about 200ft drops so Orion is off the table)

Given how catastrophic the loss of sales this year has been so far, I'd be doubtful that we'll see a new coaster of great size for another five years or so. That being said, I would be very happy if CF took the next couple of years to restore some of their aging rides. Diamondback drastically needs a new paint job.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Given how catastrophic the loss of sales this year has been so far, I'd be doubtful that we'll see a new coaster of great size for another five years or so. That being said, I would be very happy if CF took the next couple of years to restore some of their aging rides. Diamondback drastically needs a new paint job.

As long as we don't see any coaster removals, I don't have a problem with for the next 5 years just having coaster repaints, maybe a Soak City re-theme, and a new flat, and other small park improvements. I think people would understand the reasoning behind it, and Kings Island doesn't have to get a large new coaster every year in order to pull large crowds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoasterJack said:

As long as we don't see any coaster removals, I don't have a problem with for the next 5 years just having coaster repaints, maybe a Soak City re-theme, and a new flat, and other small park improvements. I think people would understand the reasoning behind it, and Kings Island doesn't have to get a large new coaster every year in order to pull large crowds.

Personally, 2019 was my favorite season this past decade. I-Street got a major overhaul, the Glockenspiel returned, the antique cars came back, The Beast foot prints returned as well as the original train color scheme. 

If we had more seasons like 2019 where we got a huge nostalgia, fix I would be beyond happy. I hope we do see Soak City get some additions as well as repainting Diamondback and Racer. Additionally I'd personally like to see some theming returned to the train ride, Boo Blasters retire and, most importantly, return Oktoberfest to its former glory.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, DiamondBeast said:

Does Intamin still make the Drunken Barrels model? If they do then Der Spinnen Kegger has to return if not to Oktoberfest then to Kings Island in general. 

I thought I heard a rumor that Cedar Fair bought a barrel ride a while ago along with other fair rides but i could be completely wrong. 

Three main things I'd change with Oktoberfest:

1. Retire Hank's Burrito Shack and turn it into a proper German eatery
  2. Remove the latter game as well as relocate Slingshot to make room for potential flats
  3. Don't be afraid to add more German decor, music, architecture, etc
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, DiamondBeast said:

What area is Adventure Express in? I thought both it and the slingshot were apart of Action Zone even though they were so close to Oktoberfest?

It’s currently grouped in Oktoberfest, but when it was built it was classified as Wild Animal Habitat. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

It’s currently grouped in Oktoberfest, but when it was built it was classified as Wild Animal Habitat. 

That's odd. It was never considered an Action Zone attraction then. 

Do any of you think a rethemeing of Adventure Express is possible if they ever do spruce up Oktoberfest? I don't think it will but it could be rethemed to Germany's Dark Forests similar to Verbolten. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiamondBeast said:

Does Intamin still make the Drunken Barrels model? If they do then Der Spinnen Kegger has to return if not to Oktoberfest then to Kings Island in general. 

It looks like they still sell the Druken Barrels ride. I would love for Cedar Fair to get over their grudge against Intamin and buy one of them for Kings Island in Oktoberfest.

https://www.intaminworldwide.com/project/drunken-barrels/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It looks like they still sell the Druken Barrels ride. I would love for Cedar Fair to get over their grudge against Intamin and buy one of them for Kings Island in Oktoberfest.

https://www.intaminworldwide.com/project/drunken-barrels/

Intamin gave KI the Eiffel Tower, Drop Tower, White Water Canyon and others. Cedar Fair's current hesitation with Intamin is geard more towards their coasters more than anything.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2020 at 2:28 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Intamin gave KI the Eiffel Tower, Drop Tower, White Water Canyon and others. Cedar Fair's current hesitation with Intamin is geard more towards their coasters more than anything.

I hope that means there willing to perchase flatrides from them. I'd love to see some CF park's receive a drunken barrels model, especially KI who needs more flatrides. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@DiamondBeast I wouldn't mind their flats, its their coasters I'm hesitant on. There are people who think that Cedar Fair will work with Intamin again and I don't think it's going to be for a while. I think they're more than content with seeing how newer Intamins like Pantheon, Hagrid and others do at other US based parks. 

I think we'll see something from Mack, B&M, Gerstlauer, or even S&S before Intamin is brought up. Its just too soon in my opinion.

• Like 3

Agreed they have a lot of other options to pick from with a more reliable track record. Plus i don't foresee any major new additions the next couple years after all of this. Could reach back out to them if some of these new coasters do well. But while I do love hte Intamin's I've ridden, Cedar Fair can get similar coasters to pretty much any of their models from other manufacturers like Premier and Mack.

• Like 2

Kings Island could really use a 200+drop ground up RMC terrain coaster that is hidden. There is a percentage of the general public that see very tall coasters and say "nope!". But if you had another hidden terrain coaster like The Beast, something from RMC or GG, the GP would love it just as much as enthusiasts. It's all about perception. 

• Like 1