Summer plans 2020

Once again the Bansheelover family is renewing their Platinum passes. Right now we are planning a huge 14 day swing through the Mid Atlantic. We plan on hitting DC, Kings Dominion, Virginia Beach up to NYC and conclude with Dorney.  Does anyone have info on KD and Dorney? Must rides and eats? Then later in the summer a Northern Michigan tour is being discussed with a day at Michigan's Adventure. Any information will be appreciated.

• Like 1

I've renewed Platinum again next year but I haven't decided which CF parks I'm going to hit besides KI. A return to BGW is tempting especially with that new coaster they're putting in, but I don't know if I want to do a repeat of this year's trip just for a single new coaster credit (I got a record 33 new coaster credits on that trip). My sister was talking about wanting to do Carowinds and Cedar Point next year, so if they end up doing that I'll probably tag along with them if I can.

• Like 1

I can chime in re: Dorney. I went to Dorney in 2015 and had fun. It is a smaller park, but there are still some decent rides there. I recommend Talon, Hydra, Possessed and Meteor (this last one is not a coaster, but a thrilling Zamperla Hawk 48). The waterpark basically takes over the whole right side of the park and I'm guessing that's a big draw as well. Also note that the park is built on a hill, so be aware of the elevation changes (the front of the park is at the top of the hill- with Planet Snoopy and Hydra/Meteor located near the edge- while the back of the park- Steel Force/Possessed/Demon Drop/Whip/Revolution/Zephyr (train ride)- is at the bottom of the hill). When my cousin and I went there, we ate at Chickie and Pete's, which was really good. Do note that Dinosaurs Alive is no longer at the park and I'm not aware of what the park has added since I went. Enjoy!

Also, Hersheypark is also worth the trip; it's got a great collection of coasters! Lighting Racer is probably my favorite wooden coaster.

Finally, as for my 2020 trips, I'm not sure... there are a lot of good coasters and parks that I still haven't got to (Steel Curtain at Kennywood, Fiesta Texas, Six Flags New England, Texas Stingray, etc.), so for right now, I can say that 2020 will be filed with LOTS of Orion rides (and I'd love to get to CP again for Forbidden Frontier, more laps on Rougarou and other coasters, as well as the stuff I missed when I went 2 weeks ago such as Raptor and Steel Vengeance)! B) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

I've renewed Platinum again next year but I haven't decided which CF parks I'm going to hit besides KI. A return to BGW is tempting especially with that new coaster they're putting in, but I don't know if I want to do a repeat of this year's trip just for a single new coaster credit (I got a record 33 new coaster credits on that trip). My sister was talking about wanting to do Carowinds and Cedar Point next year, so if they end up doing that I'll probably tag along with them if I can.

You will love Carowinds. Fury 325 is worth the drive, and the atmosphere is fun and inviting. We also enjoyed Copperhead.  At Carowinds if it is not buy the ride ops let you ride again if no one is waiting for your row. 

4 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

I can chime in re: Dorney. I went to Dorney in 2015 and had fun. It is a smaller park, but there are still some decent rides there. I recommend Talon, Hydra, Possessed and Meteor (this last one is not a coaster, but a thrilling Zamperla Hawk 48). The waterpark basically takes over the whole right side of the park and I'm guessing that's a big draw as well. Also note that the park is built on a hill, so be aware of the elevation changes (the front of the park as at the top of the hill- with Planet Snoopy and Hydra/Meteor located near the edge- while the back of the park- Steel Force/Possessed/Demon Drop/Whip/Revolution/Zephyr (train ride)- is at the bottom of the hill). When my cousin and I went there, we ate at Chickie and Pete's, which was really good. Do note that Dinosaura Alive is no longer at the park and I'm not aware of what the park has added since I went. Enjoy!

Also, Hersheypark is also worth the trip; it's got a great collection of coasters! Lighting Racer is probably my favorite wooden coaster.

Finally, as for my 2020 trips, I'm not sure... there are a lot of good coasters and parks that I still haven't got to (Steel Curtain at Kennywood, Fiesta Texas, Six Flags New England, etc.), so for right now, I can say that 2020 will be filed with LOTS of Orion rides (and I'd love to get to CP again for Forbidden Frontier, more laps on Rougarou and other coasters, as well as the stuff I missed when I went 2 weeks ago such as Raptor and Steel Vengeance)! B) 

Thank you for the information.  Mrs. Bansheelover is not one for multiple parks, fun or spending money.  She will only allow us to go to Cedar Fair parks. I think the kids will enjoy Dorney, and hopefully we can do the whole dry park in 4-5 hours. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bansheelover said:

You will love Carowinds. Fury 325 is worth the drive, and the atmosphere is fun and inviting. We also enjoyed Copperhead.  At Carowinds if it is not buy the ride ops let you ride again if no one is waiting for your row. 

I actually hit Carowinds back in July (Carowinds, KD and BGW). I agree that it's a great park and would definitely love a return visit. Fury ended up being my 100th coaster.

• Like 1