Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JonahWilliamson

Skyline vs. Goldstar

Skyline vs. Goldstar   

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Kings Island fans and passholders more then likely know what skyline is as its in the park. But Cincinnati has a fellow Chili rival called Goldstar.

I just gotta know. 

Which team you on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even as a kid, I couldn't stand GS. but skyline, I used to walk a few miles as a kid to get a hot dog. Love their dogs and 5 way. But its only good at the skyline places, I tried to buy the (overpriced cans) they are like 3-5 bucks for a small can! its watery and doesn't taste anywhere near as good as the actual places. my opinion- think its the preservatives and such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My family uses the canned chili to make Skyline Pizza. Here's how it works. It's dough, mustard, chili, cheese, and sliced hot dogs. My sister and I are kinda picky. I don't like cheese that much so I get my skyline pizza with everything, but cheese and my sister doesn't like mustard or hot dogs so she doesn't get either on it. My parents get everything on it. Now me with cheese I won't give a full explanation, but I actually get the cheese at the skyline restaurants even though it's cheddar like the store bought. I'm picky and I know it's kinda silly, but I actually think the cheese at skyline itself tastes different than the store bought. I don't know why, but that's just my opinion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GOLDSTAR is TrAsHHH

I would definitely choose Skyline over Goldstar because it is the original and has more choices and Gold Star tastes like trash, and I bet you all agree since you adore KI, and Skyline is the choice at KI. 

There is literally no competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My family uses the canned chili to make Skyline Pizza. Here's how it works. It's dough, mustard, chili, cheese, and sliced hot dogs. My sister and I are kinda picky. I don't like cheese that much so I get my skyline pizza with everything, but cheese and my sister doesn't like mustard or hot dogs so she doesn't get either on it. My parents get everything on it. Now me with cheese I won't give a full explanation, but I actually get the cheese at the skyline restaurants even though it's cheddar like the store bought. I'm picky and I know it's kinda silly, but I actually think the cheese at skyline itself tastes different than the store bought. I don't know why, but that's just my opinion. 

When do you put the hotdogs on? do you bake them? Never heard of skyline pizza, found this video but they didn't put the doggies on it. 

When I post this link, it loads a video and won't play, so im breaking the link up- there's a space after www

https://www .facebook.com/SkylineChili/videos/10156299844994577/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

When do you put the hotdogs on? do you bake them? Never heard of skyline pizza, found this video but they didn't put the doggies on it. 

When I post this link, it loads a video and won't play, so im breaking the link up- there's a space after www

https://www .facebook.com/SkylineChili/videos/10156299844994577/

 

Yes we bake the hot dogs with the pizza in the oven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them all. I'm not someone who will throw a fit over going to one place over the other. They taste different and I like them both. I even like Dixie and Blue Ash, too.

I didn't even vote. Can't pick one. Like them all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to love Skyline.  Not being from Cincy, it is not often that I was able to ever eat there.  Over the years, coming back and having it, the quality (like many things) has been in steep decline and in my opinion is barely a shadow of what it used to be. The cheese is still the same, so that's good.  But there is noticeable difference in the quality of the mini dogs as well as the chili.  It has been cheapened for sure.  

I decided to try Gold Star a couple of years ago, and now go there instead when I am in town.  Love it!  That's why it gets my vote :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having either anywhere close to where I live, I only discovered Skyline a few years ago, and now it's a must-do when I'm in the area... Should I give Gold Star a try instead???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Honorarius said:

Not having either anywhere close to where I live, I only discovered Skyline a few years ago, and now it's a must-do when I'm in the area... Should I give Gold Star a try instead???

If you want to try it then go for it. Gold star is a thicker chili. I voted gold star but I love both and eat both just depends what is around me at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like both, but I only get coneys. If I had to choose, I guess it would be Skyline, but neither of them are as bad as fans of the other would make it seem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the chili is almost dead on, but if I had to choose I’d say Skyline. Let’s not forget that Gold Star has both burgers and sandwiches that are both excellent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...